Watches and Wonders 2023

I hope TAG Heuer sees this and gives an exception for collectors and enthusiasts of TAG Heuer Forums. After all, WE ARE TAG Heuer’s Number 1 fanatics all over the world :thumbsup:

Yes, it would be amazing to have a forum meet in one of these fairs.
Can someone with contacts at TAG please make this happen for 2024, I would definitely be there

I highly doubt I will want anything you guys can agree on, but good luck all the same.

I highly doubt I will want anything you guys can agree on, but good luck all the same.
Why a whole watch? Why not a THF branded double-grain beads of rice bracelet to fit a heritage Glassbox Carrera. Easily sell more than 200 of those

I wouldn't mind @Ara 's Carrera design with the checkered chapter ring in the new glassbox. Classic panda with white dial and black subdials. I wouldn't mind at all :rolleyes:

E58A92A7-42D9-4956-B821-0499D666670D.jpeg

Why a whole watch? Why not a THF branded double-grain beads of rice bracelet to fit a heritage Glassbox Carrera. Easily sell more than 200 of those

Go for it, but again, not for me

YKINMK

I wouldn't mind @Ara 's Carrera design with the checkered chapter ring in the new glassbox. Classic panda with white dial and black subdials. I wouldn't mind at all :rolleyes:

E58A92A7-42D9-4956-B821-0499D666670D.jpeg
Can this be a reverse panda? :whistling:

Quote below from Worn & wound podcast episode 289, in a discussion about their Watches & Wonders preview of TAG Heuer watches coming later this year. We know Lil' Fred has hinted to a brand new complication but now I am actually curious what cool thing this will turn out to be!

"Probably the coolest complication we've seen here"

upload_2023-3-30_15-32-38.jpeg

We know Lil' Fred has hinted to a brand new complication but now I am actually curious what cool thing this will turn out to be!

My money is on a rattrapante, comments like "it makes the most sense for TAG" and "something neither Heuer nor TAG Heuer has done in a chronograph" - emphasis added by Fred after Wei Koh said Heuer had never done it (which they had, but only in stopwatches)

*EDIT* THIS IS PURE SPECULATION I HAVE NO ADVANCE INFO :D
Edited:

My money is on a rattrapante, comments like "it makes the most sense for TAG" and "something neither Heuer nor TAG Heuer has done in a chronograph" - emphasis added by Fred after Wei Koh said Heuer had never done it (which they had, but only in stopwatches)

*EDIT* THIS IS PURE SPECULATION I HAVE NO ADVANCE INFO :D
I just find it strange why Worn & Wound would call it the coolest complication of the whole show if it is a rattrapante. I mean, this is something other brands have been doing for a long time. I hope there is something unique and special to it than "just" a rattrapante.

I just find it strange why Worn & Wound would call it the coolest complication of the whole show if it is a rattrapante. I mean, this is something other brands have been doing for a long time. I hope there is something unique and special to it than "just" a rattrapante.

Yeah, it's a first for TAG but hardly revolutionary like some of their older 'Masterpiece' watches.
maxresdefault.jpg

Agreed. Most customers wouldn’t understand the need for nor require a rattrapante.

For extra cool, will they take homage from vintage Autavias and add a GMT rehaut and hand in the glassbox 160 case?
Oh, and add some orange colour, that’ll be cool
Edited:

I suppose we'll see, but maybe it's paired with one of the high-precision movements like the above. I highly doubt that TAG Heuer has developed a brand-new, never before seen complication though.

I suppose we'll see, but maybe it's paired with one of the high-precision movements like the above. I highly doubt that TAG Heuer has developed a brand-new, never before seen complication though.
Yeah I agree and I don't think it is a brand new complication but rather a new cool twist on one. Like when omega added a children's cartoon dog and a circuling moon on the caseback of a speedmaster or when Louis vitton made that battery driven christmas tree lighting on some weird piece last year.

A new high complication movement will be cool to see, but I doubt I'll be buying a TAG Heuer with it anytime soon.

I'd much rather see TAG replace the Cal 5/Selitta with Kenissi and also make everything COSC. Still quite disappointed they haven't done it yet with the base H02/TH20-00.

I'd much rather see TAG replace the Cal 5/Selitta with Kenissi

They are this year, not Kenissi as we expected but AMT. Starting with the gold and TT Aquaracers, this new movement has an 80-hour power reserve and is COSC-certified.
(The TH20 should have been though 100%)

They are this year, not Kenissi as we expected but AMT. Starting with the gold and TT Aquaracers, this new movement has an 80-hour power reserve and is COSC-certified.
(The TH20 should have been though 100%)
Yes, that's a good start. But will they retrofit it into existing models, the way some other makers make running enhancements to their products? That's what I really want to see.