Watches and Wonders 2023

It’s been a surprisingly cheap day for me. Nothing released that I am desperately seeking to purchase.
I hear ya, nothing worthy of taking place in my three piece watch collection

I hear ya, nothing worthy of taking place in my three piece watch collection
I have an empty third slot, just waiting. Later in the year is better for me anyway. :)

It’s been a surprisingly cheap day for me. Nothing released that I am desperately seeking to purchase.

This was only day 1 :D

Swatch Group have yet to present, IWC only launched the Ingenieur but there are already photos of Pilot watches flying around (such as a blue ceramic 41mm chrono)

Prob a few more surprises before the week is through

x1580984-16f25b3f9777a0e1286ea22ef36e7b28.jpg.pagespeed.ic.nd3a-KwZor.webp
Omega did a very similar poster for the 60th Anniversary of the Speedmaster in 2017. :cautious:
Omega Speedy.jpg

This was only day 1 :D

Swatch Group have yet to present, IWC only launched the Ingenieur but there are already photos of Pilot watches flying around (such as a blue ceramic 41mm chrono)

Prob a few more surprises before the week is through
Cool. Be nice to see something interesting.

I did click a pair of black Zenith Defy’s in Ceramic. Very cool, although it would be Steel fit me with that lovely bracelet.

Omega did a very similar poster for the 60th Anniversary of the Speedmaster in 2017. :cautious:
Omega Speedy.jpg

VERRRRRY SIMILAR, indeed.

Omega Speedy.jpg
Yes, I had the same thought. I suppose Imitation is the Sincerest Form of Flattery.

That T&T video really sells the watch. I might actually like the blue more than the dark panda.
Inspired by this one?

08D4EDB5-F8DD-4E78-8D80-3134E42E6C0F.jpeg
photo from l’iffes on Uhrforum in 2017
This IG video post by T&T really sells the reverse panda to me: https://www.instagram.com/p/CqTRn3QL0SX/
I think it looks great. :thumbsup:
But just can't justify the purchase since I'm content with my heritage glassbox Dato.
The blue looks really good too. But there's something else rumored to be coming in blue... :whistling:

Not really - the dial appears readily visible unless you view it at an extreme angle, which is the only situation in which the curve appears. The outer tachy track however does have a sort of that 'Connected' look to it - but IMO it works rather well, considering it's extraneous to the dial entirely.
It's not a visibility concern, I just get this Connected "vibe" sometimes depending on the look and lighting of the crystal.
Here's an example.
new glassbox.jpg
Not saying this is a negative thing, just trying to soak up all the details of this new watch, as it's quite a departure from what I'm used to.

Screenshot 2023-03-27 234528.jpg

So Charlie was wrong, the Grand Carrera IS a Carrera (arrowed), also good to see the legendary CAR2A1Z (circled) included here.

It's not a visibility concern, I just get this Connected "vibe" sometimes depending on the look and lighting of the crystal.
Here's an example.
new glassbox.jpg
Not saying this is a negative thing, just trying to soak up all the details of this new watch, as it's quite a departure from what I'm used to.
This design will definitely require getting used to. I'll reserve final judgement until I get mine.

Is this a wall clock or the blue?
upload_2023-3-27_17-45-52.png

Initially I thought it was a wall clock, but I think it just the blue model.