Watches and Wonders 2023

On the last video, Arnault says the upcoming "sailing watch" will not be a limited edition.
:eek:
Good. There have been conflicting reports on this.

He says Limited Production.
Probably similar to the Dark Lord.

Yes, I caught that too. I like that strategy better. My Boutique got another Dark Lord in that's currently available BTW.

Exactly; my suggestion is reserve one, otherwise there could be a long wait.

Frédéric did mention there were a few LE pieces coming later in the year. That has my attention. But for now the Skipper will do.
Not having a Tachy bezel may make this Glassbox even better than on the Panda Carrera.

Frédéric did mention there were a few LE pieces coming later in the year. That has my attention. But for now the Skipper will do.
Not having a Tachy bezel may make this Glassbox even better than on the Panda Carrera.
Never say never. That said, I don't expect any more heritage Heuer branded Carreras for a while.

Whether people like the new design or not, I anticipate lots of new 39mm models with the same raised bezel to be the norm, for the next few years. This design will be used in the "sailing watch", the new Porsche LEs, and the now traditional 'gold' release for the holidays.

Sales will show whether or not this new raised-bezel glassbox approach is here to stay or not. The other method of course, would be to state your opinions on this forum. The higher-ups at TH, indeed do read our forum as part of their data points. But in the end, sales figures are the main indicators.

Exactly; my suggestion is reserve one, otherwise there could be a long wait.
I don't mind a wait, I actually prefer to wait until I'm good and ready. Which might be years from now. The Skipper is a nice to have for me, not a must have. I'm in no rush.

I look at the Dark Lord as an example. It's rather scarce, but still possible to get, so I'm not worried.

I liked the Panda Glassbox from the first time I saw it in the flesh. I did mention it would be the most popular of the new releases and I still believe that will be the case.

I really enjoy my Heritage Glassbox models and to have a Tag Heuer branded Glassbox will only enhance the Collection for me. I'm happy to wait for the Sailing Watch and then decide between that or the Panda.

He said "very few" as a counter to Wei saying more LE's coming. I took that to mean they are being more strategic, less LEs, more SEs or standard production perhaps.
It took me a while to follow your meaning on this. I believe you're saying the lack of the curved Tachy scale on the upcoming Skipper compared to the Reverse Panda, right? Because the heritage Panda also doesn't have the Tachy numbers. You confuse me when you say Panda, because I immediately think of the 60th Anniversary.

I agree the overall look might be cleaner and less busy without the Tachymeter numbers. But the watch will still have the same curvy inner chapter ring treatment, which I still haven't fully warmed up to yet.

I liked the Panda Glassbox from the first time I saw it in the flesh. I did mention it would be the most popular of the new releases and I still believe that will be the case.

I really enjoy my Heritage Glassbox models and to have a Tag Heuer branded Glassbox will only enhance the Collection for me. I'm happy to wait for the Sailing Watch and then decide between that or the Panda.
I like what TAG Heuer has done with the new 39mm, the design team has done a good job of blending retro with avant garde. But can we imagine what the reaction from the forum might've been had they chosen to do the Reverse Panda as a heritage glassbox... :whistling:
20230327_172414.jpg

Nevertheless, I do think TAG Heuer needs to move on with new designs like this one. There's a lot to like this year!

^ That's a fantastic strap in that pic! Anyone know the brand?

That strap was one of the first things I noticed when Nicholas compared the two watches. I believe he's also worn that strap on his 1158CHN. Not sure who makes it though.
Carrera strap.jpg

He said "very few" as a counter to Wei saying more LE's coming. I took that to mean they are being more strategic, less LEs, more SEs or standard production perhaps.

It took me a while to follow your meaning on this. I believe you're saying the lack of the curved Tachy scale on the upcoming Skipper compared to the Reverse Panda, right? Because the heritage Panda also doesn't have the Tachy numbers. You confuse me when you say Panda, because I immediately think of the 60th Anniversary.

I agree the overall look might be cleaner and less busy without the Tachymeter numbers. But the watch will still have the same curvy inner chapter ring treatment, which I still haven't fully warmed up to yet.
Yes mate...my mistake I should have said Reverse Panda.

I immediately thought that was not the strap I had on my wrist with that Reverse Panda.
I will ask and see if we can get an idea where it's from.

I'm still waiting for live wrist shots of the Gulf F1. Not much out there on this release yet.
20230327_213022.jpg

I'm still waiting for live wrist shots of the Gulf F1. Not much out there on this release yet.
20230327_213022.jpg

Hmm, I quite like the colour scheme but these new F1 models just look way too busy. The Red Bull one is the worst offender.

I still maintain that the F1 range should take even more inspiration from 70s Autavias - we’ve got the case, they just need to add the ceramic tachy bezel (so far only seen on the Fragment and Mario Kart releases) and some Monaco style hands…