Watches and Wonders 2023

revealed this week and available in the summer
I think that's the point - reveal now, release later. Apparently the skeletons are coming out in Sept/Oct, but will be special editions.

Limited editions, 500 of each of the blue and black and the funky one... don't know.

Mind you we thought there were 250 of the Monza and that changed before release.

Once again I’m classing these as ‘almost’, there’s a lot I like - no milky ring, Glassbox part of the standard range, Tourbillon in a smaller case, improved movements, but I’m just not quite sure I want to buy any of them. The 12pm date/TH logo combo kills the reverse panda (yes I get that there was a watch back in the day that had this so it’s good, but I still don’t like it on this watch) and I’m not sure I like the curved chapter ring at all, reminds me of the autavia Chrono which I detest.

I prefer the non-Glassbox models, but the yellow-red fade ring looks straight from the ‘is this TH fake?’ thread, and I have no idea why TH have this obsession with the running seconds, just ditch it if you don’t want a full register.

The pink looks great thou, if it was quartz I’d buy one for my wife.

Once again I’m classing these as ‘almost’, there’s a lot I like - no milky ring, Glassbox part of the standard range, Tourbillon in a smaller case, improved movements, but I’m just not quite sure I want to buy any of them. The 12pm date/TH logo combo kills the reverse panda (yes I get that there was a watch back in the day that had this so it’s good, but I still don’t like it on this watch) and I’m not sure I like the curved chapter ring at all, reminds me of the autavia Chrono which I detest.

I prefer the non-Glassbox models, but the yellow-red fade ring looks straight from the ‘is this TH fake?’ thread, and I have no idea why TH have this obsession with the running seconds, just ditch it if you don’t want a full register.

The pink looks great thou, if it was quartz I’d buy one for my wife.
The WoS Panda is still the best looking TAG Heuer branded Carrera one can currently buy, IMHO.

The WoS Panda is still the best looking TAG Heuer branded Carrera one can currently buy, IMHO.

Agreed! That is a great looking watch, I’m hoping to try one on soon

Agree great and still available i believe

Wouldn't have though so.
Only difference I can find is this.
Don't think that change alone would qualify for COSC.
Disappointing. TAG really should've taken the opportunity to make the TH20-00 COSC. :(

First look at the new Ad-campaign. This will include a 5 minute movie to be released on April 20th.
upload_2023-3-27_10-50-18.png

After watching a few videos on the new 39mm glassbox, I'm very curious to see these in person. There are times in the videos when the dial sort of looks like a Connected simulated dial, because of how the chapter ring is so close to the glass. Wondering if this effect is also evident in real life.

Also, the dimensions are quite different from the heritage glassbox. Because the dial face extends practically to the edge of the case, making the face nearly 38mm. Whereas the heritage dial face spans only 35mm. In addition, the new 39's lug to lug is shortened to 45.8mm, which should improve how it wears for those of us with slimmer wrists. OTOH, compared to the heritage's 47.5mm lug to lug, it loses more of the "long lug" look of the vintage pieces. The case thickness of the new 39 is slightly thinner at 14.2mm, but hard to say how much of a difference it makes on the wrist until trying it on.

First look at the new Ad-campaign. This will include a 5 minute movie to be released on April 20th.
upload_2023-3-27_10-50-18.png
A couple of these are floating on Car&Vintagre IG

There are times in the videos when the dial sort of looks like a Connected simulated dial, because of how the chapter ring is so close to the glass. Wondering if this effect is also evident in real life.

Not really - the dial appears readily visible unless you view it at an extreme angle, which is the only situation in which the curve appears. The outer tachy track however does have a sort of that 'Connected' look to it - but IMO it works rather well, considering it's extraneous to the dial entirely.

That T&T video really sells the watch. I might actually like the blue more than the dark panda.
Inspired by this one?

08D4EDB5-F8DD-4E78-8D80-3134E42E6C0F.jpeg
photo from l’iffes on Uhrforum in 2017

Well the dial on the blue is sunray and not CdG but otherwise it's pretty close.

Always liked those 110.253b's, I think they don't get nearly the respect they should.

It’s been a surprisingly cheap day for me. Nothing released that I am desperately seeking to purchase.

After watching a few videos on the new 39mm glassbox, I'm very curious to see these in person. There are times in the videos when the dial sort of looks like a Connected simulated dial, because of how the chapter ring is so close to the glass. Wondering if this effect is also evident in real life.

Maybe it's a deliberate ploy to make the Connected look more like the real watches?

Maybe it's a deliberate ploy to make the Connected look more like the real watches?
I'd say, more likely the idea came from the same designer or team.