Watch Strap World - Tag Heuer Replacement Strap and Clasp

There's a company in the UK called Watch Strap World that makes replacement straps and deployant clasps specifically for Tag Heuer watches. Although I've seen them mentioned as a good source for replacement straps many times on the forum (and even recommended them myself!), I'd never actually experienced one first hand.

I wanted to get myself a strap to go with my recent HKED 1963 Seagull chrono (the one that came with it was a bit rubbish), and given the 18mm lug width, thought that a similar set up to what I have on my Carrera reissue (a FC5012 clasp with matching Tag Heuer 18mm/16mm strap) would do perfectly. I didn't really want the Tag Heuer or Heuer clasp, however, so thought I'd give Watch Strap World a try.

I, therefore, have both setups now and can do a few comparison shots. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves, but suffice to say that the Tag Heuer setup is of higher quality, as you'd expect given the relative cost. The action on the WSW clasp is a little for clunky and the metal feels thinner. The strap doesn't feel quite as luxurious as the TAG. However, overall, it doesn't disappoint and is certainly better than most of the cheaper straps out there on the market. Definitely good value for the price.

DSC_0152.JPG DSC_0153.JPG DSC_0154.JPG DSC_0155.JPG DSC_0156.JPG DSC_0157.JPG DSC_0158.JPG DSC_0159.JPG

Looks really good! I had a look but they don't seem to offer this style strap in 21mm for my Autavia. I'm sure they'll get around to that as the CY2110 Autavia has many strap options including this one. Reasonable prices, good to hear the quality seems to be there.

My experience of after market clasps is that they are not worth the cost saving. Straps on the other hand are.

My experience of after market clasps is that they are not worth the cost saving. Straps on the other hand are.
Good point. The real test here is... would I consider putting this combination on my Carrera reissue? The answer is that yes, I'd consider using one of their straps, but no, the clasp is not good enough for the watch.

Good point. The real test here is... would I consider putting this combination on my Carrera reissue? The answer is that yes, I'd consider using one of their straps, but no, the clasp is not good enough for the watch.

Spot on.