Vintage Heuer Price Guide

Monaco 'Dark Lord' listing sold recently, lasted about two days. Worn very well with much of the black coating worn off the case. That dial, hands and helmet box made someone happy for US $52k
Massive price.

A bit late to mention this but was looking at Dark Lord results (the recent Sotheby's one) and noticed this was the on that sold at the Monaco Legend Auction back in 2020 for the bargain price of $22k. nice $30k profit!

Monaco 'Dark Lord' listing sold recently, lasted about two days. Worn very well with much of the black coating worn off the case. That dial, hands and helmet box made someone happy for US $52k

Crazy what trading can bring today. From only yesterday, it seems.

Someone help me out here, please…

So - WatchPool24 has done it again and has “unearthed” a very nice Monaco 1133B, which is now on offer with them: Crisp case, nice dial (although I wouldn't call it “perfect” because of the subdials…) and OG bracelet are all on offer. Cool 😎

No B&P, though (https://www.watchpool24.com/en/30735456/heuer-monaco-1133b-blue-steve-mcqueen).

Now here's where they’re loosing me 😵‍💫 Price is set at 25k !!

Have I missed something and the market has recently exploded for these? 👎 Intuitively, I’d say that’s probably 10k above what you should normally have to plan for to get a very nice example. At 25k I’d rather expect it to be a NOS discovery from an AD's vault that is brought to my doorstep by Jack the Man himself…

Or am I completely in the wrong here?
Edited:

Have I missed something and the market has recently exploded for these?

It's possible it'll find the right buyer but in the current market conditions will be tough.

Agreed.

Also, I corrected an error in the penultimate paragraph: I meant to say “10k above…” 😬