Forums Latest Members

Vintage Heuer Collectors GTG in New York City (December 2022)

1. Jeff Stein

Jeff Stein Dec 27, 2022

On December 8, 2022, TAG Heuer staged a dinner / get-together for vintage Heuer collectors, in New York City. Approximately 20 collectors attended and it was a fantastic evening.

I created an informal "Scrapbook" covering the dinner (and the after-party, as well), with loads of photos of the collectors and their watches. Here is the link to this Scrapbook.

This was a great start for TAG Heuer reigniting its engagement with the community of vintage collectors and we are looking forward to additional events in the coming year!

Jeff

TAGHeuerGTG_2022Dec_TableA_MK.jpg

TAGHeuerGTG_2022Dec_Watches_PileCA.jpg

TAGHeuerGTG_2022Dec_Watches_MonTestAF93.JPG

2. Jemagloh

Jemagloh Dec 27, 2022

Can someone remind me of the story/history of that last pictured Monaco? I remember seeing a picture of it previously.

3. kappa_md

kappa_md Dec 27, 2022

What a great event! I can see from the pix there’s also a TAG Heuer Carrera 40th (41st) Anniversary Edition mixed with the Heuer chronos :thumbsup:

Do you think the current TAG Heuer will still release modern “Heuer” watches? :)

4. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Dec 27, 2022

I believe that was a Monaco test dial, now owned by Morgan King. You can see it as part of his collection in this video.

Jemagloh likes this.
  5. Jeff Stein

Jeff Stein Dec 27, 2022

Difficult to understand or predict the use of the "Heuer" shield versus the "TAG Heuer" shield. I am getting used to the TAG Heuer shield on watches like the 42 MM Carrera . . . seems that the Glass Box Carrera has always had and will have the "Heuer" shield . . . right?

Jeff

6. Yago

Yago Dec 28, 2022

Looks and sounds like it was a great evening. Lovely initiative by TAG Heuer. Indeed refreshing to see the 40th in the mix there. I hope there will come a time the ‘90s and ‘00 will also have their place in such get togethers.

7. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Dec 28, 2022

Yep. It's to distinguish which ones you're supposed to like. :D

dtf likes this.