The TAG Heuer Enthusiast blog.

How about this... I would buy this...
b5b7e165332aa5ad99b25beddc62b330.jpg

Agree about monza vs autavia, I'll probably change my mind when I try it on, but at this distance it looks like another vintage themed diver in a world of vintage divers.

Agree about monza vs autavia, I'll probably change my mind when I try it on, but at this distance it looks like another vintage themed diver in a world of vintage divers.

Hi dtf, thanks for an unexpectedly positive reply! I was bracing myself for abuse... 😀

Im sure that will come shortly! Suspect its one of those watches that looks a lot better in the metal than in photos online.

Hi dtf, thanks for an unexpectedly positive reply! I was bracing myself for abuse... 😀
Well the monza is such a beautiful piece that even get a nod from most of tag haters.

That is very cool. 😀
Just don't put it on an orange rubber tyre tread strap, OK?
BTW as they say, opinions are like assholes, so who cares? But, in fairness, your Autavia piece is your least constructive yet.

Just don't put it on an orange rubber tyre tread strap, OK?
BTW as they say, opinions are like assholes, so who cares? But, in fairness, your Autavia piece is your least constructive yet.

I would never do such a thing!

I've now been given 'friendly advice' to leave the reviews to Calibre 11. Couldn't agree more, I don't review - I give my opinion which is not the same thing.

I would never do such a thing!

I've now been given 'friendly advice' to leave the reviews to Calibre 11. Couldn't agree more, I don't review - I give my opinion which is not the same thing.
I don't think there's much difference between giving opinion and reviewing, particularly in the context of your blog.
However, in two of your recent articles you've not done either. You've criticised and dismissed the people who like the watches that you don't. I don't think anyone would object to you calling a watch 'dull' but to refer to others as MG-owning-driving-gloves-wearings-buyers-of-Old-Man-Carreras is just unecessary and winds people up.

I don't think there's much difference between giving opinion and reviewing, particularly in the context of your blog.
However, in two of your recent articles you've not done either. You've criticised and dismissed the people who like the watches that you don't. I don't think anyone would object to you calling a watch 'dull' but to refer to others as MG-owning-driving-gloves-wearings-buyers-of-Old-Man-Carreras is just unecessary and winds people up.

The problem is, I need to find my style. There's no point me parroting things Calibre11 and other industry Watch Blogs say, they've already told you that it's 42mm with a sapphire caseback, ceramic bezel and Mercedes hands... my mistake is perhaps thinking that the sense of humour I've employed quite successfully in other blogs I've written would carry over and maybe it hasn't. Watch people are more serious than I'd hoped, so perhaps I need a rethink...?

The problem is, I need to find my style. There's no point me parroting things Calibre11 and other industry Watch Blogs say, they've already told you that it's 42mm with a sapphire caseback, ceramic bezel and Mercedes hands... my mistake is perhaps thinking that the sense of humour I've employed quite successfully in other blogs I've written would carry over and maybe it hasn't. Watch people are more serious than I'd hoped, so perhaps I need a rethink...?
Maybe you're not pushing it far enough? Perhaps you should take the humour even more extreme, a la Archie Luxury? 😀