Forums Latest Members
  1. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jan 12, 2017

2. dtf

dtf Jan 12, 2017

I find it ironic that you regard the new mini as a 'ridiculous oversized modern piece of junk' and wear a Heuer-01.

3. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Jan 12, 2017

OttoWilliam likes this.
  4. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jan 12, 2017

The new Mini is ridiculous. The joy of the original was in it's diminutive stature and how much fun it was to drive. They even make a 4x4 version now which towers over my Corsa. I mean, the clue is in the name surely!
    What if TAG launched a Heuer Monaco in 50mm dia, that would also be ridiculous! The Heuer 01 is large, yes, but it is it's own thing and the rubber strap makes it feel smaller.
    But yes, irony fully intended.

5. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jan 12, 2017

6. dtf

dtf Jan 13, 2017

Just messing ;) I have no real affection for the bini and will definitely pick up a H01 at some point, but it just amused me how you hate the ridiculous massive modern mini but love the ridiculous massive modern watch. Interesting article, do people really regard (new) Heuer as different to TAG? I have dismissed retro-styled watches from the mid '00s because they have the TAG shield, but I am well aware they are the same company, same factory, same parts etc, just a different logo.

Kinda agree on the old-man carreras, maybe they should have a Heuer logo, but I the TAG shield wouldnt stop me buying one.

7. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jan 13, 2017

Even as I was writing it I was thinking 'double standards' hahaha...

Well my friend is on all the watch forums and he assures me it is so... well that's my excuse anyway! :)

8. Big Adam

Big Adam Jan 13, 2017

I'm most concerned by your fixation with rubber.

dtf and OttoWilliam like this.
  9. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jan 13, 2017

Why so? Rubber is great! :)

10. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam Jan 13, 2017

Well well well, busy day at the forum aren't we all ?

You made a good point in the article. Whether its marked heuer or tag heuer, nowadays it's all are coming from the same factory. That much is true (as far as my knowledge).

Even Jeff Stein mentioned in his instagram about monza 40th re-edition. "Could it be the first time, i love tag heuer more than heuer" (or something like that, i am not login to my instagram at this moment to quote words by words. Apologize if i am wrong or misquote). Means that although the monza was branded heuer, it is produced by tag heuer.

It's always nice to see people supporting their brands in watch world ! It's such an emotional that put pepper and salt in otherwise plain world.

Happy friday night !

Cheers

Hubert likes this.
  11. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jan 13, 2017

Hi Otto, thanks again for the inspiration for that post. I think it would be easy to read into it that I am putting 'Heuer' down, but I am not at all, if anything I am trying to say that people who laud Heuer shouldn't put TAG down because they are one and the same.

By the way, if anyone else (or indeed Otto) have any suggestions for posts you'd like me to write, then feel free to suggest.

dtf likes this.
  12. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam Jan 13, 2017

Well since you asked, i am curious on your view about calibre 1887 (now calibre heuer 01).

Cheers !

13. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jan 13, 2017

Okay, well as long as you appreciate I am not remotely technical.... I will try and do something.

14. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jan 13, 2017

Maybe I should write a rubber strap special! :)

Hubert and dtf like this.
  15. dtf

dtf Jan 13, 2017

maybe a bracelet vs nylon vs rubber post? I like the look of the current aquaracers and really can't decide what to buy - have a nasty feeling it's going to be a couple of them.

16. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jan 13, 2017

Yes, I've started a post about straps and shall include my thoughts on bracelets, rubber and nylon straps.

Also on the Heuer V Tag Heuer thing... I think it's more that people who sniff at TAG Heuers then get excited about new Heuers but justify it because it's Heuer and not TAG Heuer, despite, as we've said, they are the same thing.

17. Big Adam

Big Adam Jan 13, 2017

You keep mentioning these people but, aside from inevitably some troll-like individuals, I think the sweeping generalisation is a little overblown.
    Personally, I prefer the modern "Heuer" pieces over the modern TAG pieces simply because the styling is to my tastes. Honestly, I find some of your preferred pieces pretty hideous and I haven't worn a rubber watch strap since I was about 12 years old. But each to their own. My brown leather rally straps would make you gag.
    Maybe I'm an old fart. I just don't see the need to call out a section of watch enthusiasts by questioning their logic.

18. Big Adam

Big Adam Jan 13, 2017

Oh, and you omitted BMW's biggest sin - putting the name 'Cooper' on a DIESEL.
    The great man must have turned in his grave.

dtf likes this.
  19. abrod520

abrod520 Jan 13, 2017

Frankly I'm glad I have less competition for my old man, snobby, leather-strap Heuers :)

IMG_2205.JPG

IMG_2233.JPG

Hubert likes this.
  20. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Jan 13, 2017