Forums Latest Members
  1. imagwai

imagwai Jun 16, 2021

2. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jun 16, 2021

Good point... another TAG Hater who loves the 'Heuer' Monaco. :rolleyes:

3. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jun 16, 2021

Archie Luxury changes his mind every other week though, and he just claims he's playing a character anyway so I wouldn't believe a word he says... he just goes for shock value. His videos are really tedious after a while, he strings out a minute of content to ten minutes by faffing and repeatedly saying 'I gotta tell ya' over and over again.

thingziliketoo likes this.
  4. imagwai

imagwai Jun 16, 2021

He does repeat himself an awful lot. Painful to listen to.

5. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Jun 16, 2021

thingziliketoo and Aquagraph like this.
  6. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Jun 16, 2021

But he is honest! I mean, he keeps saying "I gotta be honest with you" so I guess he is pure in his heart and never gives us any bullshit. Right?

thingziliketoo and Aquagraph like this.
  7. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jun 16, 2021

[​IMG]

El Matarife and Jim Dollares like this.
  8. imagwai

imagwai Jun 16, 2021

You can be honest but wrong

Jim Dollares likes this.
  9. Mr_Orange

Mr_Orange Jun 16, 2021

You aren't kidding! I haven't listened to one of his rants in a long time. I just cant be bothered to subject myself to the aural torture.

10. dtf

dtf Jun 16, 2021

I have that issue with YouTube in general, for every good channel, there are thousands with ‘creators’ desperately filling time.

Jim Dollares likes this.
  11. kappa_md

kappa_md Jun 16, 2021

Those who “hate” and talk about TAG Heuer are actually the ones who don’t even know what the brand is. Yes, it might take time to understand its deep horological history and to appreciate its position in the Swiss Watch Industry. Those who shun TAG Heuer assumes they have more knowledge and credence when talking about watches.

It’s just sad to see people like this :( Again, I pity those who step on others just so to make a clickbait video so they can make a living :rolleyes: #respect #tagheuer #nohate

12. Pitfitter446

Pitfitter446 Jun 16, 2021

Just one of the reasons that I mostly body swerve you-tube!

HoltzPlatz likes this.
  13. dtf

dtf Jun 18, 2021

Well…one of those is on my wrist and one is in my shopping basket

1B6C7386-8597-4C7D-AC73-78952B419636.jpeg
    Remo likes this.
  14. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jun 18, 2021

You might want both, true... but you get my point?

15. imagwai

imagwai Jun 18, 2021

Not completely. I'll admit they have a different aesthetic, but so do most watches. The BB58 definitely has a couple of vintage style cues, where the Aquaracer is a little more modern. But in most respects, the BB58 is a modern dive watch. It absolutely does compete with the Aquaracer (TAGs answer to the Submariner and the Omega SMP). And let's the honest, the Tudor has TAG well and truly beaten on spec, finishing and value for money.

16. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Jun 18, 2021

Im with Rob on this one, I doubt that the casual buyer looking for a sporty and brand recognized watch to flash around (the type of clueless group most youtube videos saying "dont make the mistake of buying this" are targeted towards) would consider the vintage looking BB58 if he has the urge for an Aquaracer.

Obviously the BB58 beats the Aquaracer on specs but that was not Rob's point at all. Youtube gurus are trying to teach noobs looking for a premium and nice looking watch (that will tell their surroundings that they have a thick wallet) they should buy nerd watches instead.

17. imagwai

imagwai Jun 18, 2021

Is the BB58 simply a nerd watch? It is promoted by David Beckham remember. I do agree, however, that TAG is a more recognisable brand to the Burberry crowd, but brand awareness amongst the younger generation can change quite quickly.

18. Jim Dollares

To me the Black bay and the Aquaracer, generally speaking, are each others opposite. BB is generally appealing for the enthusiasts while the Aquaracer is disliked among enthusiasts but obviously a big mainstream success for TAG. But this is just my uneducated prejudice and opinion of course.

David Beckham, yes maybe you have a point there. I guess the cool kids care about him still. I guess Tudor's usage of folks like Lady Gaga and David Beckham is a sign that they are working to strengthen brand awareness to a wider audience than watch enthusiasts.

19. imagwai

imagwai Jun 18, 2021

Yes, Tudor is gradually building their brand awareness outside of the watch enthusiast world I think. Their use of the snowflake hands isn't just a nod to history, but it makes their watches recognisable on people's wrists as "oh, that's a Tudor".

20. Jim Dollares

Speaking of the snowflake hand, someone said in a video that the snowflake hand is gigantic and takes too much space of the dial on the BB36. I have not thought about it but what I did realize after staring intensely on the dial is that the logo is strangely close to the middle due to the overproportioned 12 o'clock index.

Still though... the silver 36 is killer.

thingziliketoo and imagwai like this.