Forums Latest Members
  1. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Sep 20, 2022

Wonder if Jack Heuer hates nepotism too?

2. dtf

dtf Sep 20, 2022

what percentage of those are quartz?

3. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Sep 20, 2022

44 quartz, 6 autos. Which just goes to show, stop talking smack about quartz. I have watches that are 35 years old, probably never been serviced and 1-3 seconds a day.

SD Surfer, Pitfitter446 and mattp like this.
  4. dtf

dtf Sep 20, 2022

So only 6 of those 50 are really comparable to the issues Virgile has had? I agree, quartz is excellent for reliability, durability, timekeeping…I don’t understand why it’s cool to hate.

VirgileF likes this.
  5. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Sep 20, 2022

What can I tell you, I'm just a poor boy from a poor family...

Perseus, dtf, mattp and 1 other person like this.
  6. imagwai

imagwai Sep 20, 2022

I'm so poor, I can only afford 44 luxury quartz watches (and 6 automatics) :D

dtf and Jim Dollares like this.
  7. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Sep 20, 2022

Yeah, but.... most of them are second hand! :eek:

8. imagwai

imagwai Sep 20, 2022

Peasant ;)

dtf, Yago and Aquagraph like this.
  9. dtf

dtf Sep 20, 2022

:D

10. Yago

Yago Sep 20, 2022

I love posh insulting. My colleague called me a primate the other day :rolleyes:

imagwai and dtf like this.
  11. dtf

dtf Sep 20, 2022

Where I was going is that only 6/50 are likely to suffer failure due to shitty selita movements. You are also probably much less likely to get failure than the average TH automatic buyer because they’ll get much less use than by people who only own a handful of watches.

That said, my Calibre 5 is still working despite years of abuse…somehow

McBeardy likes this.
  12. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Sep 20, 2022

I do recall that he spent a year under Bianchi, but at any other company that would hardly qualify for the job of CEO. I can imagine being in Bianchi's shoes. Do you give an honest but potentially career limiting assessment to your big boss (about his son). Or a politically correct answer that allows you to move up in your career at LVMH.

You've spoken to Frederic about new releases? Interesting, how did you meet him? What did he say that has given you more confidence?

The jury is still out for me. He's done some interesting things and I'm hoping for better things to come. OTOH, from what I've seen so far, I don't have confidence yet. I want to see an all new watch that hits a home run, there's been nothing remotely close since he's taken the helm.

paysdoufs likes this.
  13. imagwai

imagwai Sep 20, 2022

I agree. Everything I've seen TAG do over the past couple of years has the feeling that I've seen it all before. I don't think they need to completely reinvent the wheel, but I do think they need to do something that's going to make a splash in the marketplace (like Tudor did with the BB58 perhaps).

Mspeedster and dtf like this.
  14. YG_Rulz

YG_Rulz Sep 20, 2022

I think a redefined in-house Cal.11 would start a new legacy. A lot of revivals are coming for sure, an original out of the box would be amazing, like a tonneau / barrel shape or a rectangle dial!!!

15. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Sep 20, 2022

Yes. But those watches are still running constantly.... the quartz ones I mean. Except the ones that can be put to sleep..

16. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Sep 20, 2022

Not much to ask, really.
    How about they make an actual NEW watch that doesn't rely on a back story or a reissue, that would be something we haven't seen in a long time. I mean that doesn't reuse an old name and then piss off the people that old name is supposed to appeal to by Heuer 01ing it.

dtf likes this.
  17. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Sep 20, 2022

Actually the Heuer01 is a perfect example of something which made a big splash in the marketplace by combining a striking new model with value for money. And something which didn't really need the Carrera name to make it a success. I know a lot of you don't like it but the H01 sold a lot of pieces for TAG.

dtf and Albert-AMG like this.
  18. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Sep 20, 2022

Biver introduced the Connected, but with creative and innovative ideas: 2015 first generation (E1) was #connectedtoeternity because after two years of use it could be exchanged by a mechanical Carrera Calibre 5 plus a reasonable amount, and 2017 second generation (E2 Modular) was the first Swiss Made smartwatch ever, and also #connectedtoeternity thanks to its brilliant and unique Modular concept with interchangeable Carrera mechanical heads (Calibre 5, Calibre 16, and Heuer 02 Tourbillon mechanical modules)… both E1 and E2 Modular were all made in titanium, and sharing design with the 2015 Carrera.

'The generic Chinese smartwatch' (2020 E3 and current 2022 E4) came with Arnault, with no more #connectedtoeternity programs, and with basic steel version at higher retail price than the Swiss Made and titanium E2 Modular… :taunt:

paysdoufs, RushDom and dtf like this.
  19. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Sep 20, 2022

Wait a minute though. Young Frédéric launched the Aquaracer which seems to be a raging success story... plus the teal and red Carreras and the purple and green Monacos, all of which sold out quickly alongside the Dark Lord tribute. He also seems to have created interest in the rather unexciting silver Carrera through Ryan Gosling too...

20. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Sep 20, 2022

Exactly. TAG needs something that makes the entire watch community stand up and take notice. Something that changes the current perception of TAG. Something that attracts new legions of customers, not just us diehard fans.

Tudor did it with the BB58 and are doing it again with the Pelagos 39. Omega did it with their Ed White Cal 321 re-edition. Zenith did it with their Chronomaster Sport etc. etc.

dtf and VirgileF like this.