The Long View with JC Biver- Video

I meant one left out the five that JCBiver mentions forming the Heritage range.
I see. Well, I honestly hope the count starts now and that it won't be that strict. I love those heritage models.

It's a different question for me.
I ask:
Is the Heritage collection going to be a collection of permanent models in continuous production or a rotating series of limited or adis models?

It's clear the intention is to "revive" as it were the beauty and prestige that Heuer holds and to keep that separate to the "Swiss AvantGarde" that Tagheuer is supposed to be (that's what i get reading between the lines).

The concentration on modular construction implies that the classic styled Carrera won't belong in the standard model range, which is why I place it in the heritage line, which is why i wonder about how the Heritage line will operate.

I kinda like the idea of a rotating series of "limited" models rather than multiple variations all at the same time.
i.e the 2018 CH80 Carrera is maybe a plain black model and then 2019 is a SN. There might not be a 2020 Carrera because a different model is getting a look-in but there will be a 2012 Carrera etc.
This would allow them to maintain a level of exclusivity separate from the standard line and impart a level of product restriction that will improve colllectability.

That is assuming the get the numbers right.
3000 of each per year maybe?
15,000 across the whole Heritage line? 4,000/20,000?

It's certainly an interesting game.

Great in-depth interview covering the entire Tag Heuer lineup. Watched the entire video and loved every second.

One question that should have been asked: Will Tag Heuer move back to normal-sized watches in the 40-42mm range?

I love how he just says "Well the Link is really just a bracelet" and so on, I have no doubt the marketing department people who carefully filter information and like to say everything a certain way get scared any time he does an interview but you always get straight and honest information not only about TH but about the whole Swiss industry whenever he's filmed.

Great in-depth interview covering the entire Tag Heuer lineup. Watched the entire video and loved every second.

One question that should have been asked: Will Tag Heuer move back to normal-sized watches in the 40-42mm range?

I'll ask them later today...but I'd say that while there will always be larger and smaller options, they certainly have a view that 42mm plus is what people want- I'm more in the "less than 42mm" camp!

This is where having a poll function in the forum would be helpful. 42 mm for me. ;)

I love how he just says "Well the Link is really just a bracelet" and so on, I have no doubt the marketing department people who carefully filter information and like to say everything a certain way get scared any time he does an interview but you always get straight and honest information not only about TH but about the whole Swiss industry whenever he's filmed.

If you look through the photo dumps, you can see a Formula 1 on a "Link" - style bracelet.

I, for one, think the idea of the Link being an optional bracelet rather than its own line of watches (all of which were, let's say, very contemporary in their design) is an awesome one.

edit: optional bracelet available on all TAG Heuer watches, I mean. A Formula 1 with Link (TM) bracelet etc
Edited:

I think Mr. Biver meant to say that, the Link bracelet is unique to Tag Heuer and is a differential point, and shouldn't be carried as a watch series - whereas the other bracelets TH carries - are plain normal.

Hence why the Link should remain a TH signature, as a bracelet.

I think the literal meaning is also very "true".
More than the watch, the Link bracelet is instantly identifiable and no matter the watch it is on, you think Tagheuer when you see it.

It's got me thinking how it would look on a Carrera. Maybe it'll need to be beefed up a bit; a bit sharper/angular.

The concept is also interesting.
I've long expressed the desire for watches to be sold with options, even if it means a premium.

I would love to have a watch that came with two bracelet options and strap and deployant as standard.
That's the sort of thing that creates instant bonding as you develop a relationship with the watch right from the beginning.

But I'm not the average buyer.
Looking sideways I'm reminded of the mobile phone boom when customisation of handsets drove the market.
I mean, there are still a lot of non-collectors who don't realise that you can change bracelet/straps.

What if you give it all to them right at the start of their ownership?

More than the watch, the Link bracelet is instantly identifiable and no matter the watch it is on, you think Tagheuer when you see it.

It's got me thinking how it would look on a Carrera.
Something like this perhaps?
TAG-Heuer-Senna-Carrera-Steel.jpg

Wrong Carrera but it does look pretty good on the GC case doesn't it; I mean, you don't miss it not being on the "old" Link case, do you?

It helps that the angle of the lug ends matches the angle of the centre of the end link, helping it look like it belongs there.
It'll be a little more difficult to match on the Carrera because of the straight cut ends.

Maybe I'll have a go in CAD later tonight.

Being perfectly honest, I've never been a fan of the Link bracelet, although I do agree it's instantly recognizable as a Tag Heuer.

Being perfectly honest, I've never been a fan of the Link bracelet, although I do agree it's instantly recognizable as a Tag Heuer.
Me neither. I recognize it's unique and exclusive to TAG Heuer, but it was never my style.

I'm not a bracelet fan to begin with; but when I had this watch, the Link bracelet looked really good on it.

WEB_PR_SHEETCAT2010.BA0952_PRODUCT_sticker.png

I'm not a bracelet fan to begin with; but when I had this watch, the Link bracelet looked really good on it.

WEB_PR_SHEETCAT2010.BA0952_PRODUCT_sticker.png
That one maybe the exception.