Forums Latest Members
  1. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Sep 6, 2016

Am speaking with JC Biver later today- any burning questions you'd like answered?

2. imagwai

imagwai Sep 6, 2016

How's the Autavia coming along? Oh, and tell him to make sure it's not bigger than the original! :)

3. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Sep 6, 2016

Please ask the 2017 Autavia reedition will have a Heuer logo, rotating bezel, and if there could be other color variants, given the vast popularity of the panda white in the Autavia Cup.

Besides the Autavia, are there any other plans for additional Heritage models?

Similarly, are there any plans to expand the currently Europe-exclusive Calibre 17 Carreras to other regions? Or have other variants for the Americas market?

Can we expect other TAG Heuer branded models to use the same calibre movement targeted for the Autavia (Heuer-03?) in 2017?

Regarding the Connected watch. Google will be releasing Android Wear 2.0 soon, and TAG Heuer social media confirmed earlier this year that this update would be supported. Can we expect this upgrade before year's end? And any comments about a second generation Connected?

4. calibre11user

calibre11user Sep 6, 2016

1. When are they putting the Heuer 01 into a 41mm case?

2. What sizes will the next-generation Connected Watch come in?

3. Are there any job openings in their Silicon Valley engineering team?

5. elbeik

elbeik Sep 7, 2016

Are we done with ambassadors left and right yet?

Any limited edition Carreras scheduled?

6. Mr_Orange

Mr_Orange Sep 7, 2016

When are the normal sized watches coming back that use the Heuer 01 movement? 41mm Carreras?

What news of the CH80 being put back into production and used for watches that aren't 02T?

Since there has been a focus on price of the watches, i.e. coming down, will there be a focus on the price of the straps? Seriously, some of those are way too expensive. I've dropped AUD900 on just two straps recently!!

7. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Sep 7, 2016

Thanks for the questions. Was a great discussion covering:
    - Why vintage Collectors shouldn't worry about re-editions not being exactly like the original
    - Big update on the Autavia and confirmation on the movement and colour options
    - The future of the CH80....and the Heuer-01
    - The next steps with the Connected
    - Why case sizes have increased
    - How long JC Biver plans to be at the helm of TAG Heuer

And for the moment, I'm not going to say any more :D ::stirthepot::

Will get it up on the site asap.

8. imagwai

imagwai Sep 7, 2016

I don't mind reissues not being exactly like the originals. And, just to take an example, a 39mm reissue makes more sense than a 35mm one. But I do mind increasing case sizes where it means that people with 6.5" wrists are alienated. The way TH is going right now, very soon there'll be nothing left in the line up for us. You also have to consider that people buying a watch for a vintage aesthetic won't necessarily want that ruined by it looking too big. Will await the write-up with interest.

WernerBoeinck likes this.