TAG Heuer Maintenance question

I had my crown repaired on my Classic 2000 back in 2016. I had just received my watch back from TAG Heuer Customer Service when the crown failed the next day! So back it went - but it only cost me $150 - $200 Cdn (going by memory) and another 4 - 6 weeks of waiting.

I agree that $1000 (US?) is far too expensive for a crown repair. Something's amiss...
Also part of the mechanism needs to fix

Also part of the mechanism needs to fix
Even if it is a full service, it is very high for a calibre 5. We recently saw that servicing a H02T tourbillion (!) costs just above 1k. Where are you located, curious to know where servicing is so expensive?

Even if it is a full service, it is very high for a calibre 5. We recently saw that servicing a H02T tourbillion (!) costs just above 1k. Where are you located, curious to know where servicing is so expensive?
Israel

Israel
You could pretty much take a low cost flight to a country like Germany, pay 400 Euro for full service and fly back 😵‍💫😁 this would still be cheaper than your local mega expensive service

You could pretty much take a low cost flight to a country like Germany, pay 400 Euro for full service and fly back 😵‍💫😁 this would still be cheaper than your local mega expensive service
Agree 😀

If it's a Carrera then it doesn't have a screw down crown anyway, does it?