TAG Heuer Carrera Heuer 02 Montreal Limited Edition CBK221C

Is it me, or is the “lume” on these a bit weak? Not talking about the daylight colour - but that actual lume when charged - seems to take along time to charge and even then is a bit on the dim side.

Is it me, or is the “lume” on these a bit weak? Not talking about the daylight colour - but that actual lume when charged - seems to take along time to charge and even then is a bit on the dim side.

Lume on Carreras has never been a strong point.

Lume on Carreras has never been a strong point.

I suppose I was being overoptimistic expecting it to even work at all ::facepalm1::

Does it glow less then the CBK221B?

Can't answer that, but I've seen black holes in movies with more luminance ::bleh::

I thought the Montreal Carrera might grow on me but it hasn't. In fact I almost have an irrational feeling of aversion to it which I find surprising, but it's definitely there! Maybe because I feel it's an opportunity missed. Also, I don't feel the design works in any aesthetic sense. Sorry to anyone that likes it, but I just really don't! 160th on the other hand is ::love::

I thought the Montreal Carrera might grow on me but it hasn't. In fact I almost have an irrational feeling of aversion to it which I find surprising, but it's definitely there! Maybe because I feel it's an opportunity missed. Also, I don't feel the design works in any aesthetic sense. Sorry to anyone that likes it, but I just really don't! 160th on the other hand is ::love::
For me, the only way to solve the dilemma would be to have both! :D

You might want to re-read what I wrote - no dilemma! :)

Yes if you hate both you should not get any of them

Yes if you hate both you should not get any of them
Erm. That's not what I said either. Just for clarity, I love the 160th but not keen on the Montreal. Or are you just winding me up? :)

I know you don’t have a dilemma, but I have a dilemma! For me it would be very difficult to choose only one of these Carrera 160th Anniversary ;)

I know you don’t have a dilemma, but I have a dilemma! For me it would be very difficult to choose only one of these Carrera 160th Anniversary ;)
You edited your post :) I couldn't work out the first word you had typed and thought you were talking about me.

As for which one you should get, I think you know what my advice would be :)

Erm. That's not what I said either. Just for clarity, I love the 160th but not keen on the Montreal. Or are you just winding me up? :)
I was just joking pretending to also not read what you actually said, sorry jokes and tone tricky in text :p

The Montreal has grown a lot on me, but it's not perfect, and neither is the Silver (for me). However, I still think both are great.
My marriage won't survive getting both, neither would my piggy bank. LOL
Also, I'm afraid that the 60th Anniversary Carrera might be the "one", so I might just wait another 3 years.

Is it just mine (faulty?) or are the rotors on these things noisy as hell?

Is it just mine (faulty?) or are the rotors on these things noisy as hell?
It's not just yours, the Heuer-02 rotors are noticeable audible.

It's not just yours, the Heuer-02 rotors are noticeable audible.

Thanks. Relived not a fault. Maybe I’ll get used to it. I know all rotors make some noise, but this is rather disappointing for a supposedly flagship movement in a $5.5k Noisy to wind too! Still i love the design. So I’ll get over it - same as I did with the Tele18. :D

Thanks. Relived not a fault. Maybe I’ll get used to it. I know all rotors make some noise, but this is rather disappointing for a supposedly flagship movement in a $5.5k Noisy to wind too! Still i love the design. So I’ll get over it - same as I did with the Tele18. :D
giphy.gif