TAG Heuer Carrera Heuer 02 Montreal Limited Edition CBK221C

@Hubert You’ll have to explain the meme. Never watched Twin Peaks. It was after my bedtime when it aired :D

@Hubert You’ll have to explain the meme. Never watched Twin Peaks. It was after my bedtime when it aired :D
As with most of David Lynch's work, it was a very weird show, but captivating. The character he plays, has a hearing problem, and ends up being way too loud when speaking.

I guess with old age then the rotor noise issue will diminish. Gotcha! Thanks for the tip :p

Thanks. Relived not a fault. Maybe I’ll get used to it. I know all rotors make some noise, but this is rather disappointing for a supposedly flagship movement in a $5.5k Noisy to wind too! Still i love the design. So I’ll get over it - same as I did with the Tele18. :D
Your Cal 18 Telemeter is noisy too? I thought maybe it was just mine. Louder than any other watch I have. I have a theory that it could be the sapphire caseback that amplifies the sound somehow.

Your Cal 18 Telemeter is noisy too? I thought maybe it was just mine. Louder than any other watch I have. I have a theory that it could be the sapphire caseback that amplifies the sound somehow.

it is a bit rattly - i’ll have to check how it compares. Noise level wise they all compare to the MLx Pontos I have.

Sir @Hubert has both a 39mm Carrera Telemeter Calibre 18 and a 39mm Carrera Silver 160 Calibre H02. Maybe he can compare and give an objective assesment of the rotor sound / “noise” :thumbsup:

Sir @Hubert has both a 39mm Carrera Telemeter Calibre 18 and a 39mm Carrera Silver 160 Calibre H02. Maybe he can compare and give an objective assesment of the rotor sound / “noise” :thumbsup:

i have all three. They are all noisy. The H02s are slightly noisier.

Great sir @THJunkie ! We will hear from others as well ;) Sir @Hubert has the Carrera Telemeter, the Carrera Fragment H02 & the Carrera Silver 160 H02 :) I’m still waiting.. :whistling::whistling:

I just wear my H02 Autavia now. Yeah, it noisier than Cal18Tele or the rest.

I echo what others said. The H02 movement is the loudest.

That confirms it!

Loud yet not bothered OR Loud & irritating?

That confirms it!

Loud yet not bothered OR Loud & irritating?

personally i am not bothered at all. I kinda like it.

but can't say the same with all others.

As with most of David Lynch's work, it was a very weird show, but captivating. The character he plays, has a hearing problem, and ends up being way too loud when speaking.
I love Twin Peaks! The owls are not what they seem!

I love Twin Peaks! The owls are not what they seem!

Me too, season three was killer, especially that one episode where there was almost no dialogue. I need to watch that again... (Ep 8).

personally i am not bothered at all. I kinda like it.

but can't say the same with all others.

i think the current situation makes it far more noticeable. Much less ‘background’ (little traffic) noise so the rotor is far more ‘obvious’. All the autos make noise - just think I noticed these in particular because of when they were bought. I think if ‘normal’ day to day circumstances it won’t be an issue really.

I think with the Tele18 it was not so much of a nasty surprise as it was known to be cheap movement dressed up in a nice package. But with all the hype of the H02 being a flagship ‘in house’ movement maybe the level of expectation was set too high in terms of refinement. That’s now been recalibrated to avoid future disappointment (which is usually only temporary anyway). Being realistic it was probably falsely set (speaking personally) in the first place. Got over it now. Tis only a watch at the end of the day.

Besides, it is not an issue whilst tucked away in a box anyway. ::rimshot:::D
Edited:

Just for reference, since i have it personally. I owned 2 calibre 6 tag heuer. It is the quiet-est movement i have in my collection probably.

But it's not a chronograph, so it wouldn't appeal to everyone :D.

Youtube recommended this video which has great production value. Enjoy!

Great video production from Thailand! This reminds me of the “Watchfinder & Co.” production with highly detailed closed up videos :thumbsup:

Great video production from Thailand! This reminds me of the “Watchfinder & Co.” production with highly detailed closed up videos :thumbsup:
Yes, but this one has much better production! One of the best I've seen on watches.