TAG Heuer Carrera Heuer 02 Montreal Limited Edition CBK221C

Looks soooo good. I reckon it's about a 1% chance..
350.png
I bet the chances would increase, if this model were to be proposed as a special edition.

Why would you want the 'My First Book' style bezel over the classy render that @Ara has produced? :confused:

Not saying I want it, but I highly doubt TAG will do a new case and bezel design for an Autavia GMT. They couldn't quite be bothered to properly update the Glassbox case for the 160th, so if they want to cheaply use the existing Autavia design I'm fine with that. Besides, I'm not looking for a 1:1 reedition (as cool as that would be).

I bet the chances would increase, if this model were to be proposed as a special edition.
Oracle?

Oracle?
Just wishful thinking at this point, hoping to spark some inspiration. :)

Here's why I think it's unlikely:
- The new Autavia Chrono was due out last year, but was delayed. Who knows if it will reappear, or whether it has been cancelled? I assume the delays are related to the Isograph issues
- That watch- like the 3-hand- is not the same style as the Autavia re-edition from a couple of years ago. It's more of a aviation-style watch
- Aviation of course still works as a GMT- but given TAG Heuer are re-positioning the Autavia series as Aviation and less with the more motorsports-heritage of the original, I'd think that any Chrono GMT would 1. Not be based on the historical Autavia style and 2. If we did see one, it would have a blue-black bezel

I did ask the question two years ago on whether the next Calibre 11 special edition could be an Autavia GMT Chrono with the blue/ red bezel. The answer was no. I also understand that one of the TAG Heuer national teams also wanted to make an Autavia GMT for their market, and again the answer was no. There's a new management team in place now, so maybe that leaves the possibility open?

dc

- The new Autavia Chrono was due out last year, but was delayed. Who knows if it will reappear, or whether it has been cancelled? I assume the delays are related to the Isograph issues
- That watch- like the 3-hand- is not the same style as the Autavia re-edition from a couple of years ago. It's more of a aviation-style watch
- Aviation of course still works as a GMT- but given TAG Heuer are re-positioning the Autavia series as Aviation and less with the more motorsports-heritage of the original, I'd think that any Chrono GMT would 1. Not be based on the historical Autavia style and 2. If we did see one, it would have a blue-black bezel

I did ask the question two years ago on whether the next Calibre 11 special edition could be an Autavia GMT Chrono with the blue/ red bezel. The answer was no. I also understand that one of the TAG Heuer national teams also wanted to make an Autavia GMT for their market, and again the answer was no. There's a new management team in place now, so maybe that leaves the possibility open?

dc
Interesting update about the 2 "no" responses. Thanks, dc.

Here's a black/blue tweaked version of my 1st draft (where I kept the modern bezel). I couldn't get into the glossiness of the insert so I abandoned that and went for the more traditional Pepsi.

dc

All bad news. Really hoped that that ghastly Autavia chrono was just shelved.

We already know that they can make a GMT version of the Heuer-02 movement, there's really no major developmental barrier to this. It's disappointing that they refuse to jump on this opportunity.

Seemed like TAG was starting to move in the right direction with the Carrera at least, but word is we're going right back to the Hublots later this year.
::facepalm1::

For TH the Carrera is the top end racing chronograph in the range. They also have the much cheaper F1. And then there’s the iconic although a bit quirky Monaco. All bases covered so no point in further supporting a racing chronograph like the Autavia, which only enthusiasts know about anyway.
They haven’t tapped into the pilot’s watches segment although the heritage is there, with lots of air force variations of the Autavia and the Bund. From a marketing perspective it makes perfect sense to position the Autavia in that end of the market. I don’t exactly understand the design of the latest range but the days of racing Autavias are numbered I reckon.

For TH the Carrera is the top end racing chronograph in the range. They also have the much cheaper F1. And then there’s the iconic although a bit quirky Monaco. All bases covered so no point in further supporting a racing chronograph like the Autavia, which only enthusiasts know about anyway.
They haven’t tapped into the pilot’s watches segment although the heritage is there, with lots of air force variations of the Autavia and the Bund. From a marketing perspective it makes perfect sense to position the Autavia in that end of the market. I don’t exactly understand the design of the latest range but the days of racing Autavias are numbered I reckon.
It's hard for me to not associate the Autavia with racing, given the Siffert and Rindt connection. For aviation, I want a Heuer Bund re-issue please!

All bad news. Really hoped that that ghastly Autavia chrono was just shelved.

We already know that they can make a GMT version of the Heuer-02 movement, there's really no major developmental barrier to this. It's disappointing that they refuse to jump on this opportunity.

Seemed like TAG was starting to move in the right direction with the Carrera at least, but word is we're going right back to the Hublots later this year.
::facepalm1::
Don't know if it's shelved or delayed...given the change in management, anything is possible. Like @Yago I would expect any future Autavia Chronograph to be aviation based- not motorsports (in TAG Heuer's world, they already have the Monaco/ Carrera/ F1 in that space)

Don't know if it's shelved or delayed...given the change in management, anything is possible. Like @Yago I would expect any future Autavia Chronograph to be aviation based- not motorsports (in TAG Heuer's world, they already have the Monaco/ Carrera/ F1 in that space)
Yet, TAG Heuer could still issue a heritage Autavia GTM as a Limited Edition. If they do, it would make a lot of collectors very happy and get lots of press to fuel good will. An easy decision to make, if you ask me.

Yet, TAG Heuer could still issue a heritage Autavia GTM as a Limited Edition. If they do, it would make a lot of collectors very happy and get lots of press to fuel good will. An easy decision to make, if you ask me.
Yes yes yes yes yes yes. Follow the 160 Carrera strategy of 2020.
Edited:

Yes yes yes yes yes yes. Follow the 160 Carrera strategy of 2020.
giphy.gif

106279042_171609917708763_583853071381589863_n.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCLL-ILnL-b/

This one continues to grow on me. But I'm still not sure I can get past the yellow. Regardless of the Montreal connection, I'd like this one a lot more if they had used faux patina lume instead of the yellow. Or perhaps if they had done the chrono hand in black or silver instead of red.

This one continues to grow on me. But I'm still not sure I can get past the yellow. Regardless of the Montreal connection, I'd like this one a lot more if they had used faux patina lume instead of the yellow. Or perhaps if they had done the chrono hand in black or silver instead of red.

When I first saw it I really thought it was some sort of joke - i admit I did not know or understand the ‘montreal’ connection. But as I’ve seen more and more photos and read about it - it really has grown on me. I think the blue, yellow and white really make it distinctive and are a good not to the colour schemes from the era - reminds me a bit of that french design (look skis used to use them). I think the blue is stunning. And I thought the yellow was odd. But it has really grown on me. If it wasn't sacrilege I wish they’sld applied orange to the Silver dial version. :D

And seeing feedback and reviews that indicated that the general build quality has been gone up - a no brainer then.

But ultimately it is a Carrera and almost impossible to get that one ‘wrong’. Unless you give it to some ‘trendy’ designer. Then you end up with this
Edited:

When I first saw it I really thought it was some sort of joke - i admit I did not know or understand the ‘montreal’ connection. But as I’ve seen more and more photos and read about it - it really has grown on me. I think the blue, yellow and white really make it distinctive and are a good not to the colour schemes from the era - reminds me a bit of that french design (look skis used to use them). I think the blue is stunning. And I thought the yellow was odd. But it has really grown on me. If it wasn't sacrilege I wish they’sld applied orange to the Silver dial version. :D

And seeing feedback and reviews that indicated that the general build quality has been gone up - a no brainer then.

But ultimately it is a Carrera and almost impossible to get that one ‘wrong’. Unless you give it to some ‘trendy’ designer. Then you end up with this
No tnx for putting that image in my head, I'll never be able to unsee it anymore:whipped:.

And maybe made the white silver and the subdials black...

Ultimately I just think it's a shame that the cool little touch with the minute track in blue for the first 15 seconds can't be seen unless you turn your wrist at an angle.