TAG Heuer Carrera Heuer 02 Montreal Limited Edition CBK221C

Yeah, I found it horrible when I tried on the Cal 17 Chronometer years back. They look great from the front but from the sides, kinda gross.

But, really, how often do you look at the side? :confused:

Or do you find that you ding it on door frames because it is 'so tall'?

When I bought the Aquagraph I thought it was massively thick at 16mm, but then it's like a watch with another bezel on top... but these Carreras are catching up with it...

That's your Demogorgon, you are thinking of... a watch with a bezel on top of a bezel on top of a bezel on top of a .......
Edited:

It’s not a Montreal in a Carrera case. It’s a Carrera inspired by the Montreal. A great tribute. It doesn’t say Montreal on the dial so I don’t understand what the fuss is about.
Maybe in 20 years we’ll all like big brushed cases again and the Montreal might return in some form but for now this is the way to go.

Reissues like this will always divide opinion. I just can't understand the need to even mention the Montreal, where the only similarity is the white dial and accents on the subdial. Let it bask in the glory of being a Carrera.

Probably just raising the Montreal profile in readiness for another (likely 'meh') reissue.

If it was named “Montreal” rather than a “Carrera”, will it be better or worse, currently, in people’s perception? It will still surely create a divide but would be fun to know people’s reaction to it. Just curious :rolleyes:

If it was named “Montreal” rather than a “Carrera”, will it be better or worse, currently, in people’s perception? It will still surely create a divide but would be fun to know people’s reaction to it. Just curious :rolleyes:

Nope, it's just a white dialled Carrera :unsure:

Worse. It's not a Montreal.

@Yago got it right. It's clearly a Carrera, but one whose dial colors were inspired by the Montreal.

I think TH is marketing the Montreal connection for nostalgia, but also to justify its use of a bold polarizing color scheme.

Yep, really mixed thoughts on this, that’s why I wasn’t super excited and sold out when I saw the Carrera Montreal TBH (plus the budget is only for Carrera Silver 160 hihihi):D But it’s probably a great marketing move from TAG Heuer to create hype and “disruption” :whistling:

But, really, how often do you look at the side? :confused:

Or do you find that you ding it on door frames because it is 'so tall'?

It's not so much about looks though as it is about the way it feels - those TAGs are lumpy and feel like they sit on top of your wrist, while good case designs feel like they become a part of you when you wear them.

Early on before I developed better instincts with my wrist as I move about, my first nice watch was a Monaco and I did ding it on door frames often. The Monaco won most of those encounters lol - and I left behind many little divots in the doorframes in my apartment on the Lower East Side!

It's not so much about looks though as it is about the way it feels - those TAGs are lumpy and feel like they sit on top of your wrist, while good case designs feel like they become a part of you when you wear them.

Early on before I developed better instincts with my wrist as I move about, my first nice watch was a Monaco and I did ding it on door frames often. The Monaco won most of those encounters lol - and I left behind many little divots in the doorframes in my apartment on the Lower East Side!
Omg I ding against door handles all the time. Thought I was the only one.

Omg I ding against door handles all the time. Thought I was the only one.

As you continue wearing watches, you'll start instinctively watching out for things that you might knock your watch on. I now move my left arm just behind my waist anytime I'm passing people or walls, doors etc :thumbsup:

As you continue wearing watches, you'll start instinctively watching out for things that you might knock your watch on. I now move my left arm just behind my waist anytime I'm passing people or walls, doors etc :thumbsup:

That’s so true, had the same ding experience, but somehow it became 2nd nature to alter stance to avoid,

^ Albert, are you already working on the Connected edition?!
Today Gavril Tardi launched the watch face of the CBK221C :). I slightly customized it and adapted zoom factor, so here it is the Connected Modular 45 version, in titanium combo (case, lugs, buckle) and the blue calfskin strap with red stitching from the Red Bull Racing Special Edition

178EF647-7D16-4895-9E61-4BA524FF28E4.jpeg B0940965-BA66-4196-8653-AB10C86A5F9C.jpeg

Comparing the Connected versions of both 160th Anniversary Limited Editions, my choice would be the Montreal... ::love::
1FA7B9FC-F85A-4D5C-9838-83B2A44BF39C.jpeg

So wait though, the running seconds on these Connected faces is the chrono needle rather than the actual register at 6 o'clock?

So wait though, the running seconds on these Connected faces is the chrono needle rather than the actual register at 6 o'clock?
No, the running seconds is the lower subdial as in the actual watch. The chrono needle and timekeeping function also work as in the actual watch when the screen is in bright mode (you can activate bright mode by touching the screen or moving the wrist), but after 10 seconds in bright mode, the screen moves to dimmed mode (slightly darker, to save battery) and in dimmed mode the chrono needle shows watch battery level, and running seconds stops at zero seconds (also to save battery, only hour and minute hands are working in dimmed mode).

These pictures were taken with the watch in dimmed mode, so watch battery level was around 80% in both pictures.
Other smartwatches (like Apple watch) are just showing a full black screen in dimmed mode, so only way to read time is activating the screen... and this is one of the main reasons why I went for the TAG Heuer Connected instead of the Apple watch... I don’t like to wear a black screen on my wrist!

I like to program my watch faces that way in dimmed mode, but you can configure them as you want
Edited:

Busy is good :thumbsup:

I'm thinking a render of the new Autavia as homage to the 2446 GMT would be great - love the renders you've done of the 1163 homage but I think it'd work best as a 3-register with classic subdials :D

Your Photoshop wish is my command.

Your Photoshop wish is my command.

Even though that's perfect, I'd be happy with one based on the current Heritage Autavia with the fat bezel!

This needs to happen.

Even though that's perfect, I'd be happy with one based on the current Heritage Autavia with the fat bezel!

This needs to happen.

Why would you want the 'My First Book' style bezel over the classy render that @Ara has produced? :confused: