Spoilt for choice here... Glassbox Carreras

Watchfinder seem to be stockpiling Ice Kings and Greens... how come the green one didn't get a name?

I remember these, back from the good old days when glassboxes had the proper logo. Good stuff, good stuff indeed.

how come the green one didn't get a name
I recall C dawg being quite fond of the green one, perhaps he has a good nickname for it. But otoh now this one is old news and he has his eyes set on the new hot thing, like the current Skipper.

And, inexplicably... the green F1
caz101ap.jpg

I did, and indeed do, really like the teal glassbox. It's certainly different and I think it's quite unique in the Carrera line-up. If it hadn't been for the panda, I would probably have one by now. I did once try and do a deal to exchange my Ice King for one but the guy wanted too much money on top. I was prepared to pay more, but not over £1k more. No nickname I'm afraid - I just called it the teal version.

As for that green F1, I like the colour and the way the watch looks and feels on that rubber. I am tempted but will only buy one at a stupidly low price, hence I keep an eye out but it's not a must have.

The watch that's top of my wishlist right now, as you suggest, is the new Skipper. But I am biding my time on that one also. Basically, having moved house recently, I can't afford to drop a large amount on another watch right now.

I do think the teal one was one of the better releases. Not one I'd have unless I had so much excess funds I could buy anything I want, though

What, Charlie is poor? 😲
I wouldn't use that word personally, but my finances have certainly taken a hit after a divorce and house move, so let's just say I have as much invested in watches as I'm comfortable with right now! The real issue is the amount being asked for the Skipper and the fact you can't get one below retail at the moment. I have a fundametal issue with paying more than retail for any watch, and for Tags I usually expect a hefty discount (I made an exception for the panda!)

I want to maybe sneak in a teal or red glassbox I when no one is looking.

I want to maybe sneak in a teal or red glassbox I when no one is looking.
The red ones dont pop up for sale as frequently as the teal right? Which one do you prefer?

The red one. I still regret not buying it last year.. 🙁
Great watch.

... how come the green one didn't get a name?
Because @Jim Dollares never bought one. The Silver Carrera 160th is the only watch (not even glassbox) on this forum that is more often referred to by a member's nickname rather than its real name.

Because @Jim Dollares never bought one. The Silver Carrera 160th is the only watch (not even glassbox) on this forum that is more often referred to by a member's nickname rather than its real name.
It was going to be the Ice Queen upon my suggestion but Jim thought it should have a masculine pronoun.

It was going to be the Ice Queen upon my suggestion but Jim thought it should have a masculine pronoun.
In my opinion, the red dial glassbox is more fit for a queen. His and hers glassboxes. Don't get me wrong, both super sexy ofc.

In my opinion, the red dial glassbox is more fit for a queen. His and hers glassboxes. Don't get me wrong, both super sexy ofc.

😗

😜

The Red Queen ? 🍿

The red ones dont pop up for sale as frequently as the teal right? Which one do you prefer?
Both. Would be great to double up on each wrist and rock a xmas theme.

I like the teal better, but red would likely be my choice given the heritage color.

The Red Queen ? 🍿

I'd have to respectfully object, Doc! I would prefer the name that was briefly mentioned (if I recall correctly), the Crimson King. 😁

Or, as a fan of Bruce Dickinson, I may call it King in Crimson.

I'd have to respectfully object, Doc! I would prefer the name that was briefly mentioned (if I recall correctly), the Crimson King. 😁
Fair enough, they all deserve to be Kings. But only one sits on the Iron Throne. ::psy::