Seafarer: TAG Heuer x Hodinkee Colab 8/8

ITT: some confusion between Seafarer and Searacer.

Hot on the heels of the Kith stuff, this is setting a rather poor trend in my opinion. And we all know: once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action.

Searacer >>> Seafarer. Not that I expect anyone else to agree

Just had a quick look on the TAG website to see if this was up. It wasn't, but the noisy music is back again!

ITT: some confusion between Seafarer and Searacer.

Hot on the heels of the Kith stuff, this is setting a rather poor trend in my opinion. And we all know: once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action.

This is a Seafarer.

Oh... of course Hodinkee is American so it's still morning there.

I think when they launched the Dato it was while I was driving home from the office.

Dropping it at the end of the day is yet another hype builder. Leaves people wondering and checking the site through the day, so they get a feel for interest, etc.

The Dial

Inspired by the original 2446C Heuer Seafarer, this collaboration maintains the original color codes and bezel scale from 1968, which have been updated for the present. The watch features a black opaline dial. The matching inner rehaut includes a 60-seconds counter. Three subregisters feature a stunning combination of sky blue, silver, and white, reminiscent of late vintage Seafarer executions: featuring a tide dial at nine o’clock, a 30-minute yacht timer dial divided into yacht race intervals of five minutes each, and a running seconds subdial.

As a nod to the forward-looking direction of the Glassbox concept, the modern TAG Heuer logo and Carrera branding can be found at 12 o’clock. As an homage to the original, the dial features a newly designed Seafarer logo at six o’clock. The dial is accentuated by polished steel dial furniture and hands, which feature white-by-day and green-by-night SuperLuminova.

The Case

The TAG Heuer Carrera Chronograph Seafarer × Hodinkee is housed within the 42mm Carrera Glassbox case made of finely-brushed satin stainless steel. The lug width is 22mm, the watch measures 48.6mm lug-to-lug and 14.4mm thick. Chronograph pushers are found on the right side of the case, and a new “TIDE” pusher is located on the left.

Every watch has been pressure-tested underwater up to 100m to ensure complete waterproofing while out in the open water. The caseback features a “TAG Heuer x Hodinkee” engraving to commemorate the collaboration, as well as the individual limited edition number XXX/968.

I dig it. But i think i'll wait for the white one. I have the Reverse Panda Glassbox, so it doesn't really make sense to get this as well.

Looks great! I have yet to try on the 42mm glassbox but a highly respectable forum member has suggested I strap one on. I stand 5 foot 6.567899” tall on a good day (168 cm) so I prefer 39mm but might give this a shot.