Seafarer: TAG Heuer x Hodinkee Colab 8/8

Not a Skipper

The comments originally had a few people say skipper, and now they’ve been removed. But on 2nd thoughts Aquaracer

The comments originally had a few people say skipper, and now they’ve been removed. But on 2nd thoughts Aquaracer
Its a Searacer. its in the other thread on Spoilers

Its a Searacer. its in the other thread on Spoilers

Ah that’s dull, didn’t the Searacer was a Hodinkee special

Ah that’s dull, didn’t the Searacer was a Hodinkee special
The original was an Abercrombie and Fitch collab. I agree this is a bit dull. It looks too much like the Glassbox so i cant justify buying two of the same watch. i really wish they'd made it white

The original was an Abercrombie and Fitch collab. I agree this is a bit dull. It looks too much like the Glassbox so i cant justify buying two of the same watch. i really wish they'd made it white

It is a glassbox, in the 42mm case.

Hodinkee, we are not going to sell watches any more!

Three days later, here's a new watch we are selling and which you are going to buy because it's Hodinkee and you think it will be a great investment.

Three days later, here's a new watch we are selling and which you are going to buy because it's Hodinkee and you think it will be a great investment.

I mean their article did say they’ll still do colabs, & in fairness the majority of the ones they’ve done are better than the manufactures.

Both Oris Divers 65 are on point (especially that 1st gen, manual wind with a ghost bezel).

There Mido OceanStar GMT - probably the 1st GMT I’ve considered.

LOL I was thinking the exact same

White dial is coming next year.
This Hodinkee Model is really cool.

Yeah, the render for that leaked ages ago. Wonder if Hodinkee fanbois are aware of that?

. Is this one gonna be A&F collab too? Hodinkee x TAG x A&F haha I’m getting bored of brands doing collaborations but that is the way of fashion nowadays. Easy formula though for making money.

2 high brands
Limited editions creating the “scarcity” put a ridiculous price on it and sell them like hotcakes.

Rinse.
Repeat.

TH must have some ownership of the AMT leg of Sellita to have them develop/manufacture impressive “in house” movements back to back like this.

Is this one gonna be A&F collab too?

No. A&F is a much different brand nowadays than it was in the 60s. Back then, it was an outdoor outfitter store much like today's REI or the physical LL Bean locations. If you were going on a hunting or fishing expedition, A&F was where you would go, and it was such a respected outfitter that the likes of Ernest Hemingway and even Theodore Roosevelt used them.

Today's A&F brand does not align with the Seafarer ethos

No. A&F is a much different brand nowadays than it was in the 60s. Back then, it was an outdoor outfitter store much like today's REI or the physical LL Bean locations. If you were going on a hunting or fishing expedition, A&F was where you would go, and it was such a respected outfitter that the likes of Ernest Hemingway and even Theodore Roosevelt used them.

Today's A&F brand does not align with the Seafarer ethos

I guess I should have prefaced that I was being facetious. This is interesting but it’s mostly a yawn from me. TAG needs something amazing. They are beating this glassbox family to death.

TAG needs something amazing. They are beating this glassbox family to death.
What? It was not long ago the current glassbox was released, I think there is plenty of milk left to be squeezed out of this bad boy yet

I guess I should have prefaced that I was being facetious. This is interesting but it’s mostly a yawn from me. TAG needs something amazing. They are beating this glassbox family to death.

This being in the 42mm glassbox case is pretty interesting to me. I think they wear better than the 39mm.

ITT: some confusion between Seafarer and Searacer.

Hot on the heels of the Kith stuff, this is setting a rather poor trend in my opinion. And we all know: once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action.