Forums Latest Members
  1. abrod520

abrod520 Oct 8, 2021

That's definitely a misstep, hope it doesn't become the next Carrera

2. calibre11user

calibre11user Oct 8, 2021

Ryan Gosling is one of my favorite actors. I remember his work from a bunch of different movies, like Blue Valentine and Blade Runner 2049. That dude is dreamy a.f. I'm surprised that TAG Heuer was able to sign him.

Edited Oct 8, 2021
  3. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Oct 8, 2021

This seems to be a common reaction out on social media.

Gosling is perceived to have good taste and the TAG haters out there seem more surprised that Ryan chose to partner with TH vs. the other way around. Haters are gonna hate, but I'm beginning to wonder if Gosling might improve some of the general publics' perception about the brand. IMHO, Hemsworth did little (if nothing) to move the needle, will Gosling?

4. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Oct 8, 2021

One thing I believe that Omega is doing right is sticking with their core ambassadors. George Clooney, Cindy Crawford, and Nicole Kidman seem to be in it for the long haul. They are always photographed at events wearing Omega. It creates the perception that they truly love the brand.

It will be interesting to see if Daniel Craig sticks around once a new Bond is announced though.

5. thingziliketoo

thingziliketoo Oct 8, 2021

I think Clooney is a great ambassador for the Omega brand. When he did/narrated the Speedmaster anniversary videos he seemed to share a real enthusiasm for the watch and the brand. Made me want one...

Mspeedster likes this.
  6. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Oct 8, 2021

Well yes, my thoughts exactly.... I wasn't going to bring it up but since you have there's no way a vintage watch would last 5 seconds on John Wick's wrist. Quartz would be a good start.

7. paysdoufs

paysdoufs Oct 8, 2021

I think the main reason is that Kern likes to show off with A-list Holywood actors. Full stop. He already went down that path at IWC.

Angelina Jolie is also with Breitling? So both divorcées? :confused:

Edited Oct 8, 2021
  8. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Oct 8, 2021

I believe that was a "Freudian slip" by @Yago, Jolie isn't with Breitling. Charlize Theron is.

Yago likes this.
  9. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Oct 8, 2021

Two interesting articles about the new ambassadorship. It seems there's much more to this than just the typical Hollywood actors' image (e.g. Pitt, Hemsworth etc.) used to push products. Gosling has never before been involved in the marketing of any type of merchandise.
    https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/ryan-gosling-and-tag-heuer-in-los-angeles-live-pics
    https://wwd.com/eye/parties/ryan-gosling-tag-heuer-frederic-arnault-1234971132/

According to the WWD article, it appears that Gosling will design his own watch.

“He’s going to be involved in the artistic direction of the campaigns,” revealed Arnault, the 26-year-old son of LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton chairman and CEO Bernard Arnault (LVMH acquired the luxury Swiss watch brand, founded in 1860, in 1999). “He’s going to design his own watch for himself. There are many things we’re going to do together. They’re going to be very strong.”

I'm quite intrigued now to see how this will all play out.

thingziliketoo and Hubert like this.
  10. thingziliketoo

thingziliketoo Oct 9, 2021

How cool is that, an ambassador that also gets a say in a watch. If it’s good it could be a big win for both Tag and RG. Plus Ryan seems to be more of a vintage watch guy so something with a vintage slant would be interesting as well. Looking forward to where Tag Heuer takes the brand as this year they have been making many new partnerships that could make for some cool watches.

Remo, Jim Dollares and Mspeedster like this.
  11. Yago

Yago Oct 9, 2021

It sure was ;)

12. Yago

Yago Oct 9, 2021

He’s a very good actor, let’s not forget. He sells me nespresso every time.

thingziliketoo likes this.
  13. paysdoufs

paysdoufs Oct 9, 2021

Tks - citing one of the reader comments in the Hodinkee article, that I found interesting:
    So some hints why brands still do it, are heavily biased towards Hollywood (or at least Anglosaxon) celebrities, and why I feel that it is so lost on me…

Edited Oct 9, 2021
  14. paysdoufs

paysdoufs Oct 9, 2021

One more quoted comment for the road - right in the face of these pretentious Hodinkee readers (well, 80% of them) ;)

Mspeedster and thingziliketoo like this.
  15. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Oct 10, 2021

Let's hope Gosling has more design chutzpah than Max Verstappen...

Yago likes this.
  16. calibre11user

calibre11user Oct 12, 2021

Gosling is the second best TAG Heuer endorser of all time.

sharapova_tag_heuer_11.jpeg

Mspeedster likes this.
  17. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Aug 9, 2023

Sorry, these two again. But the video on Ryan is kinda interesting, including the Heuers.

VirgileF likes this.
  18. bpsmith

bpsmith Aug 9, 2023

Don’t you mean “Vintage TAG’s”? :)

EDIT: Couldn’t resist, sorry.