Forums Latest Members

TAG Heuer announces SuperStar Quarterback Tom Brady as the new brand ambassador and launches the new

1. TAG Heuer

TAG Heuer Oct 14, 2015

TAG Heuer announces SuperStar Quarterback Tom Brady as the new brand ambassador and launches the new Carrera - Heuer 01 in the United States
    1 copy.jpg
    Yesterday evening in New York City, Jean-Claude Biver, CEO of TAG Heuer was proud to announce that Tom Brady, star quarterback of the New England Patriots,
    and four time Super Bowl champion, is now part of the brand’s family.

3.jpg

TAG Heuer and Tom Brady celebrated the announcement at the launch event for thein-house Chrono Carrera - Heuer 01 in the United States.
    Jean-Claude Biver called the night’s special guest onstage and surprised attendees by officially introducing Brady as a TAG Heuer ambassador.

2.jpg

Brady presented the new Carrera - Heuer 01, a timepiece that honors the brand’s heritage and symbolizes the evolution of the Calibre 1887. The Carrera – Heuer 01 is the first of a new collection that will feature a new case, construction, design and calibre. The dial side reveals the chronograph controls and an openwork date disc while the case-back includes a red column wheel, and a skeleton chronograph bridge.

17.jpg
    Mr. Biver and Brady were joined by actress Molly Sims, who served as the MC for the night, as well as DJ Eve, whose original set further added to the party atmosphere. Guests had the pleasure of watching Brady throw signed footballs to raise money for Best Buddies, a charitable organization that offers the opportunity for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities to develop social, leadership and employment skills for greater participation in the community. Several guests were lucky enough to catch the signed footballs that Brady threw into the crowd and took home a special souvenir from the night.

15.jpg
    Jean-Claude Biver, President of the LVMH Group Watch Division and CEO of TAG Heuer, stated: “We are thrilled to have Tom Brady as a representative of TAG Heuer and are looking forward to taking part in the beloved tradition of American football. Tom embodies the principals of perseverance, strength, and illustrates an unwavering commitment to excellence in the face of pressure. He personifies the #Don’tCrackUnderPressure mindset.”

16.jpg

Tom Brady, quarterback for the New England Patriots, declared: "I am thrilled to be part of the TAG ambassador team. I have always admired the craftsmanship of a luxury timepiece and the new Carerra 1 is no exception. The first nice watch I purchased was a TAG. So, it looks like I've now come full circle with this admired company".
    14.jpg 12.jpg 13.jpg 11.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 5.jpg

1.jpg
    mc899093 and huecobros like this.
  2. huecobros

huecobros Oct 14, 2015

interesting choice of ambassador.

3. calibre11user

calibre11user Oct 14, 2015

I'm amazed that Tag Heuer was able to land Tom Brady. He's probably the most popular QB in the NFL, and his 4 Super Bowl championships are proof of this legitimacy. The "Deflategate" controversy, though, is another matter.

One thing I didn't know about him is that he is actually a Tag Heuer fan. From Hodinkee.com article:

Mr. Brady is a very friendly guy and is really into watches. It turns out that the first mechanical watch that he bought was a TAG Heuer Carrera, after winning his first Super Bowl in 2002.

4. elbeik

elbeik Oct 15, 2015

Anyone keeping count of the number of endorsements?

5. huecobros

huecobros Oct 15, 2015

Officially, Maria Sharapova, Ayrton Senna, Cristiano Ronaldo, Cara Delevingne, Martin Garrix, Jeremy Lin, David Guetta, Jessica Korda, Nervo, Li Yifeng, G.E.M., Kei Nishikori, Sébastian Ogier, Steve McQueen, Jenson Button, Juan Manuel Fangio, Ranbir Kapoor, Shah Rujh Khan, Marlou Van Rhijn, Nadia Comaneci, Albert Einstein, Jack Andraka, Jimi Hendrix, Jean- Michel Basquiat and now Tom Brady.

As i said before, all their latest ambassadors and their use of strong colors seem to be catering to the younger crowd.