Other Watches / Other Brands

😀 They probably could've asked a bit more, all 500 sold out within a day.

Doesn't surprise me. If Hodinkee made a handwound Kirium with a NATO for £8000 it would sell.

They’re really stretching this moon thing. It’s not like they built the rocket.

Yeah, just imagine if they had! 🤦

Been spending whole day yesterday looking at this. Given my long affection to swatch, i think i will get it if available. But from what i researched beside ablogtowatch, i think there are some website that mentioned only the gold color is limited edition and the others are not and will cost $500. Now even for that price, swatch is "expensive", but i will get if it's $500 and not for $1500.

I fear this won't be the end of it, what are they going to launch on the 20th July?

I fear this won't be the end of it, what are they going to launch on the 20th July?

An expensive quartz watch with some graffiti on it that’ll lose 1/2 value the minute you change the battery? 😜

An expensive quartz watch with some graffiti on it that’ll lose 1/2 value the minute you change the battery? 😜

Ladies piece?

Nah, I'm expecting at the very least a lifesize lunar landing module box...

Ladies piece?

Nah, I'm expecting at the very least a lifesize lunar landing module box...
😁😁😁

Hi everybody,
I did not know where to post this, because it has to do with watches and motorcycles 😕
The story is around the automatic swiss made (ETA ) watch manufactured for BMW.

The dial is a speedometer reproduction of the famous BMW R69S model, the fastest and most expensive bike in the 60`s from the famous bavarian company, with 600 cc and 35 hp 😗

The watch is interesting as it can be worn as a wristwatch or a pocket watch. Driving a R69S is of course a must 😉

Edited:

Hi everybody,
I did not know where to post this, because it has to do with watches and motorcycles 😕

The dial is a speedometer reproduction of the famous BMW R69S model, the fastest and most expensive bike in the 60`s from the famous bavarian company, with 600 cc and 35 hp 😗

The watch is interesting as it can be worn as a wristwatch or a pocket watch. Driving a R69S is of course a must 😉

Very cool, thanks for sharing!

Hi everybody,

Great pair; thanks for sharing!

Interesting video with several personalities, including JCB.

Latest from Omega

Some nice new examples. The black ceramic no date SMO and the all gold Speedy would be my picks from that bunch. I’m in the list for the latter, but not hopeful I’ll make the cut.

Some nice new examples. The black ceramic no date SMO and the all gold Speedy would be my picks from that bunch. I’m in the list for the latter, but not hopeful I’ll make the cut.
Yes, that black one was my pick too. However, I'm skipping the anniversary Moon watch. Instead, I am hoping that we'll see an Ed White reissue in the next few years.

Don't agree with him. Sounds like a complex and risky business strategy to play the market like this. I think demand has simply grown, especially demand from Asia, and Rolex have simply decided they don't want to increase output to meet it. They don't need to - they make the same amount of profit while at the same time increasing the cachet of the brand. All with no risk. To scale up supply, they'd need to build new factories, hold more stock, employ more people, and so on, all with the risk that it could crash. Better to keep things as they are and continue making the guaranteed profits in a predictable way.