Other Watches / Other Brands

To be fair though, they’re not in the same league as others for delays. Priorities to Oxford St makes sense to I guess.

The delay with the OG SolarGraph pissed me off tbh. Really like my Orange one, but I would definitely have got that had it not taken so long and so I was impatient. Would probably not have got my FXD Red Bull then though, so maybe for the best as really like that one.

Yes, that was way too long. Although a few did creep out.. .but they weren't in the shops until the titanium one came out so that was nearly a year's delay.

This is interesting.The hype is over for Tudor apparently

I already sensed it was. I guess Rolex is more attainable also now.

To be fair though, they’re not in the same league as others for delays. Priorities to Oxford St makes sense to I guess.

The delay with the OG SolarGraph pissed me off tbh. Really like my Orange one, but I would definitely have got that had it not taken so long and so I was impatient. Would probably not have got my FXD Red Bull then though, so maybe for the best as really like that one.

agree, I’d probably own one if they’d been available when they were released. By the time they were in stores, I’d forgotten.

I guess we’re all glad we’ve bought what we like then, rather than thinking there’s profit in it at some point.

I still like Tudor, but there’s a split between a few I like a lot and others which just don’t push my buttons.

I am just glad that it’s more likely you will get what you want in the current market, plus potential to haggle once more.

As for Rolex, I like some, and would actually be more inclined to buy when the hype has died down. The just don’t want the attention that many people look for when buying. I also refuse to play games on a fictional wait list.

I like the less popular Explorer II in the polar white, plus the platinum Yacht Master in both Grey and in Blue. There’s also the titanium Yacht Master and the GMT that are cool too, but less attainable.

agree, I’d probably own one if they’d been available when they were released. By the time they were in stores, I’d forgotten.
I still really like it in fairness. Very cool piece.

Just the same as you now I have others instead.

There’s also this, with cool bracelet, strap and nato included. Those integrated nato adapters lugs are proper cool.

There’s also this, with cool bracelet, strap and nato included. Those integrated nato adapters lugs are proper cool.

Tried that one a few weeks ago in Osaka:

Along with this LE, which requires 2 other mandatory purchases to take home;

Edited:

Looks cool. What were your thoughts on it @YY77?
Size was good, colour really stood out and ceramic bezel had a nice feel and was perfect for me as I don't like "broad" bezels (Sub/Daytona/SMP). Just a tad to thick for my wrist.

I guess we’re all glad we’ve bought what we like then, rather than thinking there’s profit in it at some point.

I still like Tudor, but there’s a split between a few I like a lot and others which just don’t push my buttons.

I am just glad that it’s more likely you will get what you want in the current market, plus potential to haggle once more.

As for Rolex, I like some, and would actually be more inclined to buy when the hype has died down. The just don’t want the attention that many people look for when buying. I also refuse to play games on a fictional wait list.

I like the less popular Explorer II in the polar white, plus the platinum Yacht Master in both Grey and in Blue. There’s also the titanium Yacht Master and the GMT that are cool too, but less attainable.

The Polar Explorer II is lovely as it the black version however I have no need for a 2nd time zone (yet). If I did probably the Rolex I’d get.

I do love the 36mm Explorer also & have been in the fence about getting one. Price wise just a bit above my comfort zone for a time only (also no longer the inconspicuous model). Sub no date has always been the icon of icons for me, but when I last tried on the newer model it felt huge.

Would’ve loved to have picked up a 2 liner 14060m Sub back in the day, when I got into this hobby. Would’ve been my one and done! But that ship has sailed.

The Polar Explorer II is lovely as it the black version however I have no need for a 2nd time zone (yet). If I did probably the Rolex I’d get.

I do love the 36mm Explorer also & have been in the fence about getting one. Price wise just a bit above my comfort zone for a time only (also no longer the inconspicuous model). Sub no date has always been the icon of icons for me, but when I last tried on the newer model it felt huge.

Would’ve loved to have picked up a 2 liner 14060m Sub back in the day, when I got into this hobby. Would’ve been my one and done! But that ship has sailed.

I love the explorer, but the 36mm version feels tiny. At some point I’ll try the 40mm, but I’ve drifted away from buying one - I can’t think of many situations where I’m happy with people knowing I have 5k on my wrist. Tudor is a lot more subtle.

I love the explorer, but the 36mm version feels tiny. At some point I’ll try the 40mm, but I’ve drifted away from buying one - I can’t think of many situations where I’m happy with people knowing I have 5k on my wrist. Tudor is a lot more subtle.

Agree on the price on my wrist & people knowing. Possible caveats would be a new Speedy or Seamaster for me.

Agree on the price on my wrist & people knowing. Possible caveats would be a new Speedy or Seamaster for me.

I do see a Speedy in my life at some point and have come close to pulling the trigger on a Planet Ocean Deep Black GMT a few times, but both seem a bit more subtle than something with the crown on it, and a bit more like you need to be a watch enthusiast to know what they are/worth.

I do see a Speedy in my life at some point and have come close to pulling the trigger on a Planet Ocean Deep Black GMT a few times, but both seem a bit more subtle than something with the crown on it, and a bit more like you need to be a watch enthusiast to know what they are/worth.
White Speedy for sure.

PO Deep Black GMT is rather cool too.

Especially since pretty much Speedy (Pro) looks the same.

Really would love another 3861 sapphire sandwich.

Also very much like the green Seamaster (although believe this is due an update next year & always find the older ones look very dated).

Early birthday gift finally fitted. Took the plunge tonight and had to cut the rubber strap eeek!

Correct rubber strap (smaller depth) spring bars sourced from Tudor, original BB58 end links used (springs sit slightly loose inside).

Must say I'm liking the look, gives it a more sporty vibe, feels as light as it does on the OEM nato, but fits the case better.

T Fit clasp I feel is going to be a game changer, especially when it gets hot (if this summer ever starts).

BGhP9T5.jpg
YChMUWb.jpg
eZJR7Ih.jpg
C0yh2wH.jpg
wddkV8m.jpg
Wy1ENXA.jpg