Other Watches / Other Brands

I kinda liked it until I saw it was a re-edition. For a moment I thought, wow - someone actually made something cool and avant garde. But no, it's just the next phase of the re-issue train. Guess this will run out in about fifteen years when the watch industry catches up to the point where they stopped making new watches. Then what will they do?

I kinda liked it until I saw it was a re-edition. For a moment I thought, wow - someone actually made something cool and avant garde. But no, it's just the next phase of the re-issue train. Guess this will run out in about fifteen years when the watch industry catches up to the point where they stopped making new watches. Then what will they do?

Start again.

"round and round she goes...."

It's a 250-piece re-edition of a 7-piece concept watch. I'd say in this case it's not so bad, more like giving the original the chance it never really got

224270 Explorer - my first Rolex, no less - purchased to celebrate a milestone birthday. Local AD called in less than two weeks with no purchase history. Really enjoying wearing this one…ticks every box for me!

224270 Explorer - my first Rolex, no less - purchased to celebrate a milestone birthday. Local AD called in less than two weeks with no purchase history. Really enjoying wearing this one…ticks every box for me!

Congrats, is that the 40mm? Sometime I keep coming back to the thought of the 36mm for me & I have a milestone birthday soon

Congratulations, @RushDom! Wear in good health.

@Jemagloh thank you my friend!

@McBeardy yes, this is the 40mm model. I tried both…the 36 was delightful but it looked a tad small on me overall (I have 7 inch wrists but I’m 6”4 tall).

Awesome - the 40mm is great - lovely watch. Tried one on quite recently and was very smitten by it. Enjoy in best of health!

Congratulations - it’s a great watch. This new iteration is the best of the bunch 👍

You know you’re in good company when you see Shaun Ryder wearing a Blue Seamaster on Celebrity Google Box. PMSL.

Oh, but... I mean... you know he's paid to wear that. Right?

I would assume so, yes.

Did look weird on him tbh.

So I just watched this tedious video about the best way to manipulate your Rolex AD into letting you buy a watch, and about 2/3rds of the way through I thought - Jesus. All this begging and bullshitting, how is this in any way a luxury experience. And then I noticed the comments under the video. Glad I'm not the only one who feels the same

Is it still the case right now though?

Supposed to be able to walk in a buy a lot more than previous in the UK, or wait a short time like two weeks before they come in. Not the ultra popular stuff though, but not the basic stuff like they used to force on people first.

Just what I saw on YouTube and read on forums, so unsure if true mind you.

I would not play those games whatsoever either.

Well, I think it's probably easier to get a Datejust... yes. But I imagine GMT's and the like are harder to come by.

I just don't see the 'luxury' in all this. I don't look rich at all and yet almost every time I set foot in a TH boutique I am offered a drink. And I can anything I want. They are actually grateful for the custom. Which is apparently weird.

Unless you want an Aquaracer GMT apparently. My local Goldsmith's told me they’ve been warned of a decent delay in stock coming their way. It’s a brand new model, so similar with other brands I guess.

For some reason TAG seem to be announcing things and then not actually delivering them. Like the Carreras, you know the three lady two tone ones, only two of them actually arrived and then I'm not sure if the gold dial one turned up yet or what, but it was definitely later than the others. Same with the polar blue Solargraph, the blue one hit the shops first.

Also, some models are exclusive to Oxford Street for 2 weeks before they arrive in the franchised TAG Heuer boutiques, like the limited editions.