Other Watches / Other Brands

Congrats, King @Hubert!
Thanks! I missed out on the previous Dark Star LE and I've been looking to satisfy that Bund itch ever since.
One of its most famous watches was the 155 Bundeswehr Chronograph. The watch was originally made by Heuer as the 1550 SG for the West German Federal Defence Force, i.e. Bundeswehr, from 1967 onwards. But in the ’80s, Helmut Sinn, who had his own ties to the military, purchased decommissioned watches from the inventories of the West German armed forces and sold these after refurbishing them. At the same time, he added the Sinn branding on the dial under the label “Bundeswehr Chronograph for Pilots.”
01-70s-Heuer-Bundeswehr-1550-SG-with-Classic-3H_T-Dial-HQ-Milton.jpg

Congrats & enjoy @Hubert!

As tempting as the Dark Star was and this new Bright Star is, I just can't get past having Sinn on it. I'd prefer to get a vintage Heuer Bund, but that's just me.
Nice! I bought the original Dark Star but let it go during Covid. I love this design but my 6.75” wrist just doesn’t like chunky.

Congrats & enjoy @Hubert!

As tempting as the Dark Star was and this new Bright Star is, I just can't get past having Sinn on it. I'd prefer to get a vintage Heuer Bund, but that's just me.
Thanks! I hear you; and possibly this will lead me to an original. Last year I made an offer on one, but the seller wouldn't ship outside the EU.
For the moment, this was the moment to order one.

Thanks! I hear you; and possibly this will lead me to an original. Last year I made an offer on one, but the seller wouldn't ship outside the EU.
For the moment, this was the moment to order one.
Yup, it's a great chance, I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

BTW, @heuerholic went that same route. Recall his daily lockdown thread? He loved the Dark Star so much that he just had to get the Heuer.

Yup, it's a great chance, I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

BTW, @heuerholic went that same route. Recall his daily lockdown thread? He loved the Dark Star so much that he just had to get the Heuer.

@Mspeedster you really do have a good memory.
Yes, I picked up the Dark Star on its release but the itch was always there to get the original. when I did, I realised why these Bund’s have become so talked about and revered in the Heuer history books.

Funny you should be talking about this over the last few days. my SINN collection has now grown by 1 to 2 over the past week.
Picked this 240 SG GZ up last week in Japan.
It was love at first sight and just fell in love with the vintage vibes it has. It does feel a bit like cheating on your partner though strapping it to your wrist when there is a Heuer Tattoo underneath fighting to reveal itself.
sorry dear …

upload_2024-3-21_10-20-1.png

How is this a Speedmaster? It looks tiny but it's actually 42mm....

@Mspeedster you really do have a good memory.
Yes, I picked up the Dark Star on its release but the itch was always there to get the original. when I did, I realised why these Bund’s have become so talked about and revered in the Heuer history books.

Funny you should be talking about this over the last few days. my SINN collection has now grown by 1 to 2 over the past week.
Picked this 240 SG GZ up last week in Japan.
It was love at first sight and just fell in love with the vintage vibes it has. It does feel a bit like cheating on your partner though strapping it to your wrist when there is a Heuer Tattoo underneath fighting to reveal itself.
sorry dear …
Congrats! This is the one that you use to measue or follow the tide of the water or something like that right?

how?! Does anywhere still take cheques?
DVLC, Post Office, banks of course, I make them for cash for the monthly pocket money, I’m keeping the staff in local branch in a job!

DVLC, Post Office, banks of course, I make them for cash for the monthly pocket money, I’m keeping the staff in local branch in a job!

just go to an ATM?

Farer is getting dangerously close to the perfect specs for an affordable HW Autavia homage/reinterpretation… :p

That looks pretty nice. I'm starting to see Autavia Reedition prices at $2300 US on strap though, and the closer those get to $2k flat the more attractive they become as a beater chrono

@abrod520 - Not sure I see which ones you’re talking about… That slightly odd pair of Siffert and Orange Boy; but those were on bracelet, I believe? :thumbsdown:
Edited:

Mission to Moonphase. I think I actually want the Swatch white Speedy more than Omega's. :p
20240320_144210.jpg 20240320_144242.jpg 20240320_144314.jpg

not a fan I just don’t get the Snoppy vibe & I include all the Snoppy Omega Speedies in this.