Daily Lockdown

Day 21 .....................

Getting some fresh air today, with #3 of 1000.
Hope everyone is healthy and staying positive.

Yeah, and I think 1000 is a nice number for a special watch.
A good portion of the watch lover population can get one without going through the hoops some of us had to last year to get the 50th Anniversary models. Those were some nervous days :unsure:

Day 20 ....................

Coffee and a Bund anyone ?
Wonderful watch! :thumbsup:
I'm curious if were you timing something with the rotated bezel?

Day 20 ....................

Coffee and a Bund anyone ?
Nice addition to your collection! I recall when you got the Sinn Dark Star because you had been looking for a Heuer Bund. Now you have the real deal! :thumbsup:

Wonderful watch! :thumbsup:
I'm curious if were you timing something with the rotated bezel?

Thanks Hubert, Alas, I would love to regale a story of timing something wild and exciting but no, sorry, just my lack of attention to details in not having the bezel set to 12 :(
Thanks for pointing that out though ::bleh::

Nice addition to your collection! I recall when you got the Sinn Dark Star because you had been looking for a Heuer Bund. Now you have the real deal! :thumbsup:

Good memory @Mspeedster.

After buying the dark lord (edit) Dark Star and realising what a spectacular looking and feeling watch it was on the wrist, I just had to have the original.
I also have a new found appreciation for the Bund style strap after wearing both of them for a while.
They are so comfortable and contrary to my pre conceived, pre ownership feelings of them being old school (bad old school not good old school), the feeling and security felt with big hunk of leather around your wrist is something quite assuring.
Then again, I've was always used to having a leather strap against my skin from my old school days.
Ouch :whipped:
Edited:

The first time I can actually do this. Hi..

Hi PajoB- "The first time I can actually do this" means you've just got your first Tag Heuer?
A nice shot of your watch and colourful Tattoo to go with it.
From what part of the world are you from and are you in Lockdown?

Hi PajoB- "The first time I can actually do this" means you've just got your first Tag Heuer?
A nice shot of your watch and colourful Tattoo to go with it.
From what part of the world are you from and are you in Lockdown?
Hey, yes got my first Tag. A long time coming but a long story behind it.
I'm from Ireland. Yes currently in lockdown but working from home

Day 23 .......................

Monaco Gulf 50th win today with color matching Tag Heuer bracelet.
Edited:

Hey, yes got my first Tag. A long time coming but a long story behind it.
I'm from Ireland. Yes currently in lockdown but working from home

Welcome PajoB-
love to hear the story behind your first Tag one day.
say Hi :cool: to Ireland :thumbsup:

Day 23 .......................

Monaco Gulf 50th win today with color matching Tag Heuer bracelet.
I think that is my favorite Monaco, perfect colors on that dial

Welcome PajoB-
love to hear the story behind your first Tag one day.
say Hi :cool: to Ireland :thumbsup:
Long story short I almost got scammed by a seller selling a replica. I wrote about it in the "is my tag real" thread.

Long story short I almost got scammed by a seller selling a replica. I wrote about it in the "is my tag real" thread.

I just went back and finished reading your story.
Wow, what a journey. I had started reading a some weeks ago but hadn't caught up with the outcome of it all.
You are a smart man for that creative thinking. Well done.
I am saddened and concerned that CR24 have done nothing to stop the trader.
I like the concept of CR24 but it means nothing unless they police and censure their sellers.

Anyway, glad that your "real" watch has arrived in on the wrist.
I am sure your dad would be proud of your astute thinking and ultimately a happy ending in the pursuit of your new piece.:thumbsup:

Day 24 ........................

Wound the Autavia 2446C into action today.
Been a while since it's been on the wrist.

I just went back and finished reading your story.
Wow, what a journey. I had started reading a some weeks ago but hadn't caught up with the outcome of it all.
You are a smart man for that creative thinking. Well done.
I am saddened and concerned that CR24 have done nothing to stop the trader.
I like the concept of CR24 but it means nothing unless they police and censure their sellers.

Anyway, glad that your "real" watch has arrived in on the wrist.
I am sure your dad would be proud of your astute thinking and ultimately a happy ending in the pursuit of your new piece.:thumbsup:
Agreed. Would be great if it could guarantee authenticity. Sure I've learned my lesson now.
Very happy with what I've got now. Looking forward to picking up some more Tags over the years like yourself . You've good taste also.

Day 15 ...............
My one and only non Swiss Made Heuer.
Start of Easter tomorrow.
Looking forward to spending a few days home and .....chilling :confused:..........#groundhogday

As a budding collector, that is one striking watch. I have not crossed with this model before...thanks.

May I get any more details?

M.

Big watch week coming up with two new arrivals- one is mine and one is on loan for review. Until then, it’s a beautiful autumn day in Melbourne

E18D1F63-24F0-47E5-A54A-630853EA01A5.jpeg

As a budding collector, that is one striking watch. I have not crossed with this model before...thanks.

May I get any more details?

M.

Hi Michael,

You are right, not a model that you come across often or one which creates a lot of chat.
The look is definitely not for everyone but I love that fact.
Model is a Heuer 1614. I don't believe that it has a specific model name.
Manual wind movement which I understand is a valjoux 7765
The watch was made in France I believe by a group called Monnin who produced a few different colour versions of this watch and also made some of the first Diver series pieces for Heuer.
There are few people in this Forum who know more than me and will have some more specific info but glad that you like the watch and if you ever add one to your collection, post a photo.
I did find a previous post by David on this watch and some pointers to look out for when buying.
https://forums.calibre11.com/threads/heuer-1614.19620/

Big watch week coming up with two new arrivals- one is mine and one is on loan for review. Until then, it’s a beautiful autumn day in Melbourne

E18D1F63-24F0-47E5-A54A-630853EA01A5.jpeg

Jeez, that really is a nice watch, that Skipper.
Looking forward to see what the delivery man brings David.