Daily Lockdown

Hi Michael,

You are right, not a model that you come across often or one which creates a lot of chat.
The look is definitely not for everyone but I love that fact.
Model is a Heuer 1614. I don't believe that it has a specific model name.
Manual wind movement which I understand is a valjoux 7765
The watch was made in France I believe by a group called Monnin who produced a few different colour versions of this watch and also made some of the first Diver series pieces for Heuer.
There are few people in this Forum who know more than me and will have some more specific info but glad that you like the watch and if you ever add one to your collection, post a photo.
I did find a previous post by David on this watch and some pointers to look out for when buying.
https://forums.calibre11.com/threads/heuer-1614.19620/

GREAT THANKS for the time, the insight, and the education 1860 - much appreciated.

Best to you and all in New Zealand!

M.

Day 26 ..........................

Just heard our lockdown has been extended by 4 days :-((
Fresh air at the beach today.
Amazing what your kids can do with a stick and some sand.

Day 27 ...........................

From the days when designers were brave and "focus groups" hadn't been invented.

Not surprisingly, I've worn my new one for a second day

IMG_1630.jpeg

The gold looks good on you David.
I'm picking that will be on the wrist for a few more days yet.
Did I read that this is quite a limited version of some 250 pieces?

The gold looks good on you David.
I'm picking that will be on the wrist for a few more days yet.
Did I read that this is quite a limited version of some 250 pieces?
Thanks- yes, an LE of 150. The reason that I was so keen to get his particular watch is that it hasn't been worn- or at least not until Feb this year when it was sold to a new owner, who says he wore it a couple of times before deciding to move it on. LE #001 sits in the TAG Heuer museum, this is #002.

Thanks- yes, an LE of 150. The reason that I was so keen to get his particular watch is that it hasn't been worn- or at least not until Feb this year when it was sold to a new owner, who says he wore it a couple of times before deciding to move it on. LE #001 sits in the TAG Heuer museum, this is #002.

Even better!!.. #002.
Looking at the flawless finish and the obvious propensity to scratch, I bet you are wearing it with the utmost of care :oops:

Not surprisingly, I've worn my new one for a second day

IMG_1630.jpeg

Wow..
That is a thing of true beauty
Gorgeous piece..
Thanks for sharing.

Day 26 ..........................

Just heard our lockdown has been extended by 4 days :-((
Fresh air at the beach today.
Amazing what your kids can do with a stick and some sand.

Holy cow, did you have a compass and have them grid it out?!

Well done to them...

Free hand believe it or not. my Daughter is amazing, she knows my passion (addiction) to Heuer.
Ive shown this photo before, but this was my last Birthday gift from her.
She Tie died the shirt from scratch , stenciled the logo and hand painted it.
Brought tears of Joy to my eyes.
When we look back, our kids are the most important things and the things that bring the most emotion to our hearts.

Day 28 ............................

Black Beauty
How do you like the case on this one? I still don't know if I like it or not from the many photos I've seen. The dial is awesome, but I'm still on the fence on the sandblasted case.

Free hand believe it or not. my Daughter is amazing, she knows my passion (addiction) to Heuer.
Ive shown this photo before, but this was my last Birthday gift from her.
She Tie died the shirt from scratch , stenciled the logo and hand painted it.
Brought tears of Joy to my eyes.
When we look back, our kids are the most important things and the things that bring the most emotion to our hearts.

Well done. Nothing like family.

How do you like the case on this one? I still don't know if I like it or not from the many photos I've seen. The dial is awesome, but I'm still on the fence on the sandblasted case.

I like it a lot actually David. It’s great to have a different look to all of the other polished cases. I’m generally a bit of a sucker when it comes to Matt finishes anyway, so this was right up my alley.
I’d also say the All Black cased Hour Glass Monaco LE was quite striking when I tried it on. Was real tempted but had already emptied my piggy bank on 2 of the 50th anniversary Monaco’s.

LOVE of FAMILY! ::love:: Nothing will ever top that! Probably pretty close to that is when your family also loves what you love :thumbsup: (e.g. Heuer ;)) Waiting for the closing days of this exciting “daily lockdown”! Keep it up sir!

Normally i'll be keeping this as a safe queen. (That and i haven't got time and money to service and change the strap).

But all of these pandemic and situations making me realised that life is short and we all just need to make sure we live by the fullest of it. Already several of people i knew passed away recently. It is making me sad and depressed.

So i've been wearing it. At least it is helping me through these hard times.

Stay safe and healthy everyone.

Sorry to hear that Otto. Hang in there my friend, things will come around eventually. I hope, wife and kids are well, take care and be careful. Wish you all the best

Sorry to hear that Otto. Hang in there my friend, things will come around eventually. I hope, wife and kids are well, take care and be careful. Wish you all the best
Thanks Jim, i am sure the situation is weird and tough for everyone.

Stay happy and healthy and wear more Tag Heuer instead of Breitling, my friend ;)