Other Watches / Other Brands

Perfect, I'm sure that will capture all the nuances of Blacky's blower bass...

I only listen to vinyl, I value the rich heritage and history of vinyl which is the most important thing for me when listening to music

I’ll try streaming when I buy a ‘smart’ watch and an ev.

Not been into vinyl, so not entering that argument, as no experience there. Apple Music Lossless and Hi-Res Lossless is better than any CD without question though.

Plus I just need my phone in the car and not a boot full of CD’s or extremely limited choice on the move.

Biggest bonus is I get what I ask for when I use Siri when driving to choose almost any track I fancy, which is vastly different to the same verbal request via my Wife in the old days if CD’s, where she would replace said choice with one of hers.

As for at home, I have great home cinema setup but they’re Kef Egg satellites and separate Sub, so I really wouldn’t hear much difference for music as their not stereo HiFi massive things.

I assume you pay cash only @Pitfitter446 and don’t use this newfangled debit card technology, let alone contactless. :)

The “thing” about playing a record is in the ritual of it. Sometimes being limited by what you have on hand, pulling out the record, giving it a quick clean, operating the controls on the receiver and dropping the needle. Then sitting back and listening to what was captured in a moment in time, reading liner notes and taking in the artwork. Really relaxing and engaging in the moment - that’s what archaic records bring to me.

I consume music listening in the car and streaming through my phone, I experience it on the turntable. It may sound crazy but that’s how it works for me.

I can totally understand all of the romantic aspect linked to the process and interaction with the physical product as an escape from everyday life for a while.

I can also see how the design of some of the turntables nowadays would bring a lot of enjoyment too. The more architectural the better would draw me.

I was just being tongue in cheek about streaming as a comparison, as the same superiority opinion often exists between Vinyl and CD’s / Streaming as it does with Mechanical / Quartz watches for example. Or ICE vs EV, etc.

For clarification, I am not suggesting that in this thread btw, as it’s all lighthearted in fairness. :)

I assume you pay cash only @Pitfitter446 and don’t use this newfangled debit card technology, let alone contactless. :)
image.jpg
My ‘wallet’, cash is king, if I don’t have it, can’t spend it, can’t get into bother, I still use cheques too.

image.jpg
My ‘wallet’, cash is king, if I don’t have it, can’t spend it, can’t get into bother, I still use cheques too.
Epic reply. Love it! :)

I assume I am allowed to reply @paysdoufs ?

I pay for everything with actual Bitcoins that i carry in my pocket. Even parking.

I pay for everything with actual Bitcoins that i carry in my pocket. Even parking.

Are they chocolate bitcoins?

Pre-order placed!
https://revolutionwatch.com/sinn-155-s-bright-star-tegiment-155-s-revolution-ii/
https://revolutionwatch.com/products/sinn-155-s-bright-star-9vd4o/
LS13_Sinn_155S_3633_DI_Final_01_1080.jpg