Other Watches / Other Brands

Doesnt help that the Breitling is one of the worst looking divers known to mankind

Doesnt help that the Breitling is one of the worst looking divers known to mankind

I actually like the new versions. No awful external or internal cyclops. An original design which isn’t mimicking the crown. Retro yet brutalist in its design. Suits a rubber strap option & also looks good in gold and a variety of colours. Also has a great B logo, which is in the style of my handwriting.

Would I buy one hell no, the way they drop value. Would I wear one yes. Have I actively tried to get my dad to buy one. Yes but no cigar

Umm... I don't actually mind them. Except..... the second hand is ridiculous heritage nonsense that ruins an otherwise nice looking watch.

I like them too but the hammer does really stand out!

Or is it a mallet?

Umm... I don't actually mind them. Except..... the second hand is ridiculous heritage nonsense that ruins an otherwise nice looking watch.
My main concern is the double double bezel making the tiny dial a small fraction of the watch

The other thing that grabs my eye is the 30’s next to each other facing opposite ways.

The other thing that grabs my eye is the 30’s next to each other facing opposite ways.
Yup that is an excellent design choice too

My main concern is the double double bezel making the tiny dial a small fraction of the watch

Both good points, but these I can live with. The stupid seconds hand is a deal breaker.

I’ll buck the trend and say I like this(not the price) not in gold, think it’s all the quirks mentioned that attract me.

When I bought this wife noticed another TT in the display, and remarked that’s fancy, went of the idea when I mentioned it was over £50k, we did listen to it but my old ears didn’t hear the benefit, I may upgrade this one in a couple?of years, if the right thing is available, ex demo of course.
Hifi is now at silly prices, maybe I’m at the wrong dealer, seen cable there at £6k a metre.::screwloose::

Makes me laugh, I was looking at all the vinyl I got rid of the other day on eBay - bloody insane prices for just regular vinyl. Could have bought a couple of Carreras!

Yep, wife would be happy if got rid of the vinyl and stuck to CDs, less cost and easier to store, if you’d seen her face when I came in with a record washing/Vacumn cleaner, but she did agree old stuff sounded better without pops, clicks etc, and since I got it at an auction I might even be able to move it on at a profit it needed.
Big boys toys eh!

CD’s!?!

Proper cost and space saving is surely streaming these days?

Pfffffft! Streaming. To be fair though I can't understand all the fuss about vinyl. When CDs came out I sold all my vinyl and replaced them with CDs. Then all the trendy kids started buying vinyl and telling us it was better than CDs.... because some reason or other. Maybe if you listen to jazz or something it might be, but most of the stuff I listen to sounds like it was recorded in a mince grinder anyway.

Would love to play the first Voivod album on a really expensive record deck one day though. Just for chuckles.