Other Watches / Other Brands

Mine too Mate.
:thumbsup:

Is it white? It looks silver to me.
You're right, it's silver.

Yes, this is the glassbox that I'd be most likely to buy, if I didn't have the 60th Panda. (Regardless if white or silver in dial color.) Probably more interested in this than the Seafarer, but will wait to see how these both look when officially revealed.
Heuer Carrera 1153S.jpg
From the draft render I've seen, it seems to pay tribute to the Carrera 1153S. But then again, I'd probably opt for the vintage original, as the prices for these are still reasonable.
Now that you mention it, yes I do see the resemblance. However, I think it's just modern silver panda glassbox.

:thumbsup:

You're right, it's silver.

Now that you mention it, yes I do see the resemblance. However, I think it's just modern silver panda glassbox.
Aw crap. I've been catching up on this thread and thought it was crispy white and black in my imagination. That would've been sweeeeet.

Aw crap. I've been catching up on this thread and thought it was crispy white and black in my imagination. That would've been sweeeeet.
I am optimistic that it will look good in silver.

39 or 42mm case? And pics, please :D

;)
39mm TH glassbox.

I'm with you. TAG has already done quite a few in silver. A nice egg shell white and I might've been tempted.

Although I must say after being constantly bombarded with images of the White Speedy, it's definitely growing on me. :whistling:
White Speedy.jpg

Although I must say after being constantly bombarded with images of the White Speedy, it's definitely growing on me. :whistling:
White Speedy.jpg

Omega hit a homerun in IMHO.

Omega hit a homerun in IMHO.

I saw it in the boutique yesterday.
Very impressed with it. Seems like they are playing those "it will be difficult to get" games.

Won't be difficult to get in 6-9 months though.

Very impressed with it. Seems like they are playing those "it will be difficult to get" games.

While I can see the white dial Moonwatch complementing my Speedy FOIS someday, I've purposely stayed away from my Omega Boutique. Don't want to be any more tempted or swept up with it.

Afterall, I already have the white dial chronograph that's perfect for me. :D
20231026_162905-jpg.1684324

Agree on both points, sir. :cautious:

While I can see the white dial Moonwatch complementing my Speedy FOIS someday, I've purposely stayed away from my Omega Boutique. Don't want to be any more tempted or swept up with it.

Afterall, I already have the white dial chronograph that's perfect for me. :D
20231026_162905-jpg.1684324

I'm happy with my Black dial 3861
Sticking to my promise to not buy anything new this year.

I'm with you. TAG has already done quite a few in silver. A nice egg shell white and I might've been tempted.

White Speedy.jpg
I haven't put a deposit yet, but I may cave, if a get the call.

Yes, this is the glassbox that I'd be most likely to buy, if I didn't have the 60th Panda. (Regardless if white or silver in dial color.) Probably more interested in this than the Seafarer, but will wait to see how these both look when officially revealed.
Heuer Carrera 1153S.jpg
From the draft render I've seen, it seems to pay tribute to the Carrera 1153S. But then again, I'd probably opt for the vintage original, as the prices for these are still reasonable.

So you would choose a Carrera with short non Carrera lugs over one with proper long Carrera lugs... interesting. :D

So you would choose a Carrera with short non Carrera lugs over one with proper long Carrera lugs... interesting. :D
It's not really a matter of preferring one style vs another. I like things about both styles.

However, taken as a whole, the overall appearance of the new glassbox actually reminds me more of the 70s style cushion case than the long & angular lugs of the 60s.

This is because the lug length on the new glassbox is relatively short. Also, the curved tachy scale bezel of the new glassbox provides the same rounded look as the vintage 70's outer bezel ring to my eyes. The rehaut ring on both is fairly deep as well.
20231018_095916.jpg

I can’t help but think that some brands are utterly out of touch with reality by now…

Here’s a new release that Breitling just announced by email: Superocean 42 with a rose gold case
IMG_5116.jpeg
Does anyone want to guess the list price?

22k CHF (Don’t ask me how much that is in island money…), which I find absolutely hilarious :confused:

There you go: 18k GBP when you switch their Webshop to UK. The saving grace (if you want to find one…) being that the folding clasp is also rose gold :cool:

Actually - a TH AR 200 full gold on rubber (with only a titanium buckle) is also listed at 16.5k GBP. But at least you get a TH31-00 COSC movement with 80h of PR rather than a measly Sellita.

I was really unaware how ridiculous the price supplement for gold was :D