NOW ON SALE!!! Uncle Straps Bracelet for TAG Heuer

I do prefer the look of the partially brushed vintage style clasp if I'm honest. But I don't think the brushed end links suit the high polish Carrera case.

I'm not concerned; it's a light brush anyways. I like how my Spectre mixes both. (reference pictures below)

You guys can always buy one of each!

Actually, folks like @Hubert and @Anthony.R need more than one, given the size of their Carrera collections. 😉
Indeed. I've purchased both brushed options. Although, I may add full polished in the future.

Indeed. I've purchased both brushed options. Although, I may add full polished in the future.
You need to add at least one more that's fully high polished to have a "faithful" Heuer 60s look. 😁

But seriously you guys can't go wrong. I've tried all 4 combos and they're all great, it's just personal preference. The only thing I haven't seen or tried is the hollow end-link.

I will add that having worn them now for a while, I do lean towards the modern milled clasp. It doesn't have the vintage look. But it feels more quality and its chunkiness actually kind of balances out the top heaviness of the watch.

Just put my order in.
Should be a couple of weeks to get here.

FYI heads up. The bracelet uses good old fashion pins for the links. So those of you planning to size the bracelet yourself, be prepared to have the proper tools to deal with this type of link pins.

Speaking of the links, you might be surprised that they're a bit thinner than your average modern bracelet. This was actually by design, to maintain a vintage feel.

Abel Court/HeuerTime (aka @abcoro) was kind enough to lend Uncle Straps some spare links from a genuine vintage Gay Freres Heuer bracelet for the project. The thickness of Uncle's bracelet links are the same as the vintage original.

I've also ordered a modern classic - high polish.

Wanted the high polish look so that my Panda matches the look of the vintage models. Milled clasp for convenience, and because (from the photos) it's tastefully done, and doesn't look at all out-of-kilter with the style of the watch.

So those of you planning to size the bracelet yourself, be prepared to have the proper tools to deal with this type of link pins.
Oh man, Ima need to seek professional help for doin this

Oh man, Ima need to seek professional help for doin this
Here's a quick 2 min DIY tutorial. Shows the kind of tool kit needed, they're usually under $10 on Amazon.

I've also ordered a modern classic - high polish.

Wanted the high polish look so that my Panda matches the look of the vintage models. Milled clasp for convenience, and because (from the photos) it's tastefully done, and doesn't look at all out-of-kilter with the style of the watch.
The look of the modern milled class is actually similar to the clasp on TAG Heuer's heritage Autavia remake bracelet. Which is also done in full high polish. I think if one wants the original 60s Heuer vintage look, high polish is the way to go.

For my taste, I also think the Panda looks better with the high polish. But if I was buying the bracelet for a different Carrera, the brushed/polish combo might give a better look. For example, the Red Carrera might be a bit too blingy in high polish as the dial is already eye popping.

Full High Polish

Brushed/Polished Combo

Here's a quick 2 min DIY tutorial. Shows the kind of tool kit needed, they're usually under $10 on Amazon.
Why do people complain about adjusting non screw bracelets? This seems like the easiest thing in the world

Why do people complain about adjusting non screw bracelets? This seems like the easiest thing in the world
It's not bad, if you have the right tools. But it can be a pain if you don't, that's why I gave everyone a heads up.

I find hammering the pins back in so they sit flush or just below the surface to be the trickiest part. Single screws are definitely easier. But double screws are a pain too.

Also, having the tweezer springbar tool will make installation of the bracelet endlinks a lot easier.

As an owner of one of the new 20.5mm lug glassbox models, I'm extremely envious.

I believe that you can use the factory bracelet from the other new 3 hand Carrera’s with that same lug width @Nalin

I believe that you can use the factory bracelet from the other new 3 hand Carrera’s with that same lug width @Nalin
Oh, I know. Just these BoR look so gooooood

Awesome job by Uncle Straps!
Looks great on the Ice King. Looking forward to seeing this on a variety of different coloured glassboxes.

Mine just arrived! Early present to myself. It feels really solid and high-quality, and really does nail the vintage vibe.