Forums Latest Members

NOW ON SALE!!! Uncle Straps Bracelet for TAG Heuer

1. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Oct 14, 2023

This is the bracelet many of us have been waiting for! ::rimshot::
    As some may recall, I sent an inquiry to Uncle Straps early this year about the possibility of a bracelet for the Heuer branded Carrera glassbox series. After mulling it over, he graciously agreed. It's been a long time coming, but certainly well worth the wait!

I had the opportunity to help test fit some prototypes and think Uncle has an absolute winner! :thumbsup:

https://unclestraps.com/collections/tag-heuer

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Jemagloh

Jemagloh Oct 14, 2023

thingziliketoo and Mspeedster like this.
  3. paysdoufs

paysdoufs Oct 14, 2023

Have you (/has US) succeeded in fitting one of their nicer claps? A cheap-ish clasp is usually the big drawback with their BoR (but not their other bracelet types)…

Edited Oct 15, 2023
  4. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Oct 14, 2023

Yes I believe so. Uncle is offering two clasp styles. A modern milled clasp, which I think is what you mean by "their nicer clasps". Also a vintage style pressure clasp.

paysdoufs likes this.
  5. thingziliketoo

thingziliketoo Oct 14, 2023

I am really looking forward to seeing this project hit. I will be buying one of each just for the variety and as a little thank you for doing this. I have been using his straps and bracelets since I started collecting watches six years ago. The quality of his products just keeps getting better as time goes by. This bracelet shows it. The finishing touch for me is the mod of the Heuer shield with “Uncle” instead. Great little detail.

I think it is pretty cool that this forum was a catalyst to opening up Uncle Straps to taking on this project and doing a proper Tag Heuer bracelet. Thank you @Mspeedster for helping to get Larry interested in this project!!

6. thingziliketoo

thingziliketoo Oct 14, 2023

His “cheap-ish” has been more to replicate a vintage experience and feel on the wrist. He started making replacement vintage bracelets for Seiko watches. As time has gone by he has been offering both vintage and modern clasps. I have liked both. The vintage style makes for a more comfortable feeling on wrist. Not that the modern design doesn’t feel good it’s just a bit more substantial.

Mspeedster likes this.
  7. Anthony.R

Anthony.R Oct 14, 2023

I can't wait to get this bracelet on the 60th Panda. So happy that Uncle has made us happy.
    The least we could do is support him in getting one.

thingziliketoo and Mspeedster like this.
  8. Jemagloh

Jemagloh Oct 14, 2023

I agree with you guys. Will be supporting this project. Thank you, @Mspeedster!

9. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Oct 14, 2023

@thingziliketoo, @Anthony.R, @Jemagloh - Thanks guys!!!

I feel Uncle Straps really gave us the "whole nine yards", offering a variety of options. Not only the modern milled clasp and vintage style pressure clasp, but also modern solid endlinks and vintage-like hollow endlinks.

This will allow buyers to choose whether they want to emulate the vintage feel of the originals, with hollow endlinks & pressure clasp. Or have a modern experience, with solid endlinks & milled clasp.

With hollow endlinks, I think the bracelet has a good chance of fitting the older Carrera re-editions too, like the Telemeter, Hodinkee Skipper, Blue Dreamer and even the older CV series. Hopefully some of you can test it out and confirm.

In addition, Uncle decided to offer the bracelet with a faithful full high polish (like the vintage originals shown below)...
    Vintage GF double grain BoR on Pandas.jpg

...and also a brushed/polished combo. Shown here on the Hodinkee Dato.
    20230728_103916.jpg

Ara, Remo, paysdoufs and 5 others like this.
  10. paysdoufs

paysdoufs Oct 15, 2023

Tks @Mspeedster (and also @thingziliketoo). I feel a little bit stupid since I must have overlooked the link yesterday… :oops:

With cheap-ish clasp I meant the $2.50 Ali-X standard ones you can still find on some of US’ Seiko bracelets. Glad for everyone that these are off the table…

Edited Oct 15, 2023
    Mspeedster likes this.
  11. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Oct 15, 2023

Definitely buying this for the Ice King, love that it is fully polished

Mspeedster likes this.
  12. imagwai

imagwai Oct 15, 2023

Definitely buying one too. Pressure clasp is tempting but I definitely want solid end links, so will go for the "modern" version I think. Thanks to Uncle and to MSpeedster for bringing this to reality.

Mspeedster likes this.
  13. Y Cymro

Y Cymro Oct 16, 2023

I already have a beads of rice for my Ice King together with self modified pressed end links, however I’ll be getting the Uncle Straps version because of the double rice design. Well done @Mspeedster. Unsure whether to get brushed or polished end lugs.

edit: Just looked at the link and polished is my favourite. I love the way ‘Uncle’ is stamped into both types of clasp in tribute to the Heuer shield design

Mspeedster likes this.
  14. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Oct 16, 2023

Thanks. Yeah the double grain design is so "Heuer". The brushed/polished combo looks sporty, but I also prefer the all fully polished, as it's faithful to the original vintage bracelet. It's great that Uncle is offering both options. Uncle's tribute shield is most certainly the icing on the cake!

Y Cymro and Ara like this.
  15. Ara

Ara Oct 19, 2023

I’m in as well. Nice work!

Mspeedster likes this.
  16. tcy148

tcy148 Nov 1, 2023

Any idea when they will be available for purchase? Definitely going to pick up a couple for my Dato and Panda.::love::

Mspeedster likes this.
  17. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Nov 1, 2023

Hopefully not too much longer. But Uncle Straps said they were moving back on Oct 20th. So it might've delayed things.

If I hear anything new, the forum will be first to know!

thingziliketoo likes this.
  18. thingziliketoo

thingziliketoo Nov 2, 2023

Not so patiently waiting... :coffee:

JonnyFW and Mspeedster like this.
  19. JonnyFW

JonnyFW Nov 2, 2023

Same here, waiting to pounce on one!

Mspeedster likes this.
  20. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Nov 2, 2023

Just got an update from Uncle.

Unfortunately, there's been a setback. The bracelets are finished, but there was a problem with the end-links. So another batch of end-links are being remade and we'll have to wait a bit longer. Sorry guys, I know it's not the news you were hoping for, but stuff like this happens. :(

On the brighter side, Uncle Straps is still expecting to have them on sale before the end of year. Barring some other unforeseen issue, hopefully it'll still make it in time to put under your Christmas trees. :)