NOW ON SALE!!! Uncle Straps Bracelet for TAG Heuer

Thanks! If they're planning to have it sorted by Christmas that hopefully suggests it isn't too major. Appreciate the update.

It might be worthwhile to keep an eye open for a potential Black Friday sale by US…

They did one last year, but I ignore whether that’s the rule or the exception. If they do one, I don’t think a putative group buy could be that much more beneficial.

@Mspeedster: Is there chance of a forum group buy with discount?
In my opinion I don't mind paying the full price just to show my support for this project and that he went through with it.

In my opinion I don't mind paying the full price just to show my support for this project and that he went through with it.

Agreed, a lot of time and effort has been put into this.

Copying the photo by @Mspeedster posted elsewhere…
1689604-9374c3fe5b7a5de8999e1e816b701f0f.jpg

Are these now the production units of the bracelet (since there’s two of them)?

Copying the photo by @Mspeedster posted elsewhere…
1689604-9374c3fe5b7a5de8999e1e816b701f0f.jpg

Are these now the production units of the bracelet (since there’s two of them)?
Sorry, both are protos. One with the modern milled clasp, the other with the vintage style pressure clasp. But hopefully the production units will be on sale sometime in December.

Just got an update from Uncle.

Unfortunately, there's been a setback. The bracelets are finished, but there was a problem with the end-links. So another batch of end-links are being remade and we'll have to wait a bit longer. Sorry guys, I know it's not the news you were hoping for, but stuff like this happens. 🙁

On the brighter side, Uncle Straps is still expecting to have them on sale before the end of year. Barring some other unforeseen issue, hopefully it'll still make it in time to put under your Christmas trees. 😀

Hi All, I contacted Uncle Straps and they mentioned they are hoping to release the bracelet mid-December if everything comes together. Fingers crossed hey !!!

Just got an update from Uncle.

Unfortunately, there's been a setback. The bracelets are finished, but there was a problem with the end-links. So another batch of end-links are being remade and we'll have to wait a bit longer. Sorry guys, I know it's not the news you were hoping for, but stuff like this happens. 🙁

On the brighter side, Uncle Straps is still expecting to have them on sale before the end of year. Barring some other unforeseen issue, hopefully it'll still make it in time to put under your Christmas trees. 😀
Good news! Not much longer now, Uncle Straps has the new batch of end-links finished. They're in the process of assembling the kits and readying things for sale. Should be orderable on the Uncle Straps website in about a week or so, maybe sooner. The perfect stocking stuffer for Christmas!

Good news! Not much longer now, Uncle Straps has the new batch of end-links finished. They're in the process of assembling the kits and readying things for sale. Should be orderable on the Uncle Straps website in about a week or so, maybe sooner. The perfect stocking stuffer for Christmas!

[/QUOTE

great news !!! Thanks for the update.

Christmas comes early!!! It looks like Uncle Straps will have these on sale sometime tomorrow (Dec 5). Start checking the Uncle Straps website around 9 AM US EST or later.

Edited:

Ordered. Was a very difficult choice, especially with the solid end-links on the vintage clasp version, but went for the modern, polished in the end.

Ordered. Was a very difficult choice, especially with the solid end-links on the vintage clasp version, but went for the modern, polished in the end.
Given your strap preference for a deployant clasp over a pin buckle, I think you made the right choice. I prefer the looks of the vintage style pressure clasp, but I find the modern clasp better for everyday use.

Brushed!
I do prefer the look of the partially brushed vintage style clasp if I'm honest. But I don't think the brushed end links suit the high polish Carrera case.

I find the modern clasp better for everyday use.
And yes, given the panda is a daily wearer, I think I will prefer the convenience of the push button clasp.

Either way, though, this is a great dilemma to have - thanks to everyone involved in bringing this to fruition.