No customer service battery exchange on Connected models

Hi, I been searching for the Modular 45 batt and found this battery which have the same code (same as sony) but higher capacity which means it can last longer. Any experience or pros here can advice if it will work?
In fact it’s not the same code: the original battery ends in '020-H' and this one is '010-H'… so only way to know if it works is trying it 😉

It has same voltage, so it should run the watch, but it would be necessary to verify whether the size of the battery is also like the original. If it has higher capacity but also bigger size, it will not fit inside the watch.

Anyway, if someone has to change the battery of an E2 Modular 45, it would be worth testing if this '010-H' battery works, having also prepared a '020-H' like the original just in case. The price of these batteries is low 👍

In fact it’s not the same code: the original battery ends in '020-H' and this one is '010-H'… so only way to know if it works is trying it 😉

It has same voltage, so it should run the watch, but it would be necessary to verify whether the size of the battery is also like the original. If it has higher capacity but also bigger size, it will not fit inside the watch.

Anyway, if someone has to change the battery of an E2 Modular 45, it would be worth testing if this '010-H' battery works, having also prepared a '020-H' like the original just in case. The price of these batteries is low 👍

Ok thanks for the advice. If the seller confirmed the dimension is the same I'll try and update here.

Ok thanks for the advice. If the seller confirmed the dimension is the same I'll try and update here.
You also need to make sure that the connector is the same, there are so many different shapes for these things.

Hello
First time here.
I read the whole 3 pages and decided to open my E2 41mm

All went good until the final steps.
My E2 does not have screws holding the mainboard to the case.
See the attached photo, i guess it is glued... Maybe riveted, i see like 2 rivets.
If someone can confirm if it is glued, i may try a hot gun to soften the glue.
Thanks

Will the new EU laws mean that Smartwatches have to have a changeable battery? Like Smartphones will have to in 2027 or something...?

Well i guess there is not much traffic on this conversation.
Too bad.

Aquagraph, i think i've read somewhere that this will be the case.

Finaly did it.
The two rivets are in reality two screws. TH marred the heads.

It also has two sided tape underneat.
This is the original battery i found in there...

Finaly did it.

Nice work. I guess you have already looked online for the battery and found nothing ?
Best bet is to find a battery of the same size and compatible, then swap over the old battery connector onto the new battery

As you will see.
The original battery is different from the one talked about on this thread.

Size is different
Number is different
Connector is too short

As you will see.
The original battery is different from the one talked about on this thread.

Size is different
Number is different
Connector is too short
Yes it’s clear , the larger is for the E2 45mm where batteries are easily found. The smaller E2 41mm I have no idea where to find. I have both size watches by the way.

Nice work. I guess you have already looked online for the battery and found nothing ?
Best bet is to find a battery of the same size and compatible, then swap over the old battery connector onto the new battery
not found. hence the watch is unusable. too bad

not found. hence the watch is unusable. too bad
Does the larger 45mm battery physically fit? The little connector board/tail can be changed from one cell to the other with some basic electronics soldering tools (maybe too involved for the home tinkerer though).

Yes i kept the old battery's connector.
But i would say that physically the battery mentionned in this thread is a bit too nbig

Hello, May someone can help me. I got a nearly same problem. My battery is okay but the connector is burned. Someone got a spare part for it?

Finaly did it.

What are the measurements of the battery , i.e. width, height and thickness ?

Did you guys find an equivalent battery for the E2 41? Would this one fit?

https://vi.aliexpress.com/item/1005005991386292.html?spm=a2g0n.detail.1000014.2.1335wjQfwjQfxD&gps-id=platformRecommendH5&scm=1007.18499.315613.0&scm_id=1007.18499.315613.0&scm-url=1007.18499.315613.0&pvid=4001a96e-9bbf-4e06-aa76-0a37ec428ba0&_t=gps-id😜latformRecommendH5,scm-url:1007.18499.315613.0,pvid:4001a96e-9bbf-4e06-aa76-0a37ec428ba0,tpp_buckets:668#2846#8110#1995&isseo=y&pdp_npi=4@dis!EUR!8.99!8.99!!!69.19!69.19!@2103011017203773861705372ee631!12000035208423514!rec!SI!121530419!

I am not really sure if I am ready to play around and open the watches up. I have 6 pieces of E2 41 sitting around, all with bad batteries, 2 showing while on charger 100%, other 4 work whie on charger for 5 minutes then they shut down.

]
There are heaps of batteries that might fit, but its hard to say without knowing the size in mm,

No the battery you show is for the e2 45mm. Connectors are different and the size. I have 45 mm modules and a few 41mm modules. The 41mm are terrible, they all fail like this, however it’s very rare for the 45 mm to have this problem.im not sure why ? Battery smaller and doesn’t hold charge well ? I’ve no ideal, but the 41mm will be extinct soon due to this problem and no replacement batteries. Luckily I have a 41mm calibre 5 module so I can carry on using the straps.