Forums Latest Members
  1. foncho72

foncho72 Mar 14, 2019

I've been considering buying a connected 41mm. However, when trying to research how long the battery last (life of battery) I got this answer from Tag Heuer

"TAG Heuer will offer about 2.5 years worth of software updates to Connected from there initial release date. Now the Connected watches are unable to be opened, so TAG Heuer offers no internal servicing for this timepieces. So were unable to change batteries, crystals, power buttons or cases. So if warranty is active then your Connected watch will be reviewed for warranty replacement."

This means that if by any chance the watch goes bad outside the 2.5years of warranty, then you are out of luck. Not really interested in spending $2300 for something with no guarantees. Do you know if TagH gives you a discount on the automatic watch if you buy the connected? what is your opinion about Tag's answer?

So I had a follow up the next day from TH stating that the life lf the battery is 500 charging cycles which is almost the warranty period. I have not done the research about charging cycles but that does not seem like a good deal to me. I would like to hear your opinion

2. VRman

VRman Mar 24, 2020

Although this post is dated, I figured I would continue on, instead of creating a new thread.
    With the release of Gen3 and one of my Gen2 coming up to end of warranty I figured I would see if I could assess the battery health and wear level on my 2 CM45 smart modules.

Using the adb command I side-loaded an Android smartphone app called AccuBattery on to both my CM45s.
    https://accubatteryapp.com/

Watch #1 went into service ~ August 2017
    This watch is my daily driver(heavily used and abused). I wear this watch; surfing, offshore fishing, golf, crossfit, lawn/pool maintenance along with just everyday wear. It gets a lot of exposure to saltwater, sand and sea air. It has had a lot of charge cycles. I am charging more than every other day so definitely more than 500 cycles so far. You can see below a heavily used watch is showing about a 10% loss over > 2.5 years if it started @ 400mah.
    When I can I am now only charging this watch to 80% to extend battery life, but overall I am very happy with the battery health of this watch.
    screen1.png

Watch #2 went into service ~April 2018
    This watch is mainly worn for business, business travel, social occasions & etc. I am only charging this watch 1 - 2 times a week and sometimes it is powered off for several days. At this point I am probably ~250 charge cycles at almost 2 years. I need to get a few more charge cycles on this but I am pretty happy with the results. I think this is also a good illustration where some components perform beyond specs.
    screen2.png

I am going to keep monitoring both watches to end of life to see how well these Gen2 hold up. As long as we keep getting WearOS and app updates I am thinking my #2 watch might go another 3 years.

Hope this gives some other Gen2 users some incite into battery health and wear while they continue to enjoy their Gen2 CM45.

3. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Mar 24, 2020

Great news @VRman !! :) Thanks for sharing!! :thumbsup:

BMW Works likes this.
  4. TAG GUY

TAG GUY Mar 24, 2020

Same thing with Montblanc summit, not serviceable and will be replaced only under warranty. Also the LV tambour. The only luxury smartwatch I know that's rebuildable is the Garmin Marq. They have battery, and bezel replacement services.

Since technology moves quickly, the watch will probably outdated before the battery no longer holds a charge. I've given my c45 alot of battery stress. Running down to 0 many times, months on end on the charger, and it still gets great battery life, for a wear os product.

Edited Mar 24, 2020
  5. jucarbon

jucarbon Mar 24, 2020

vrman how can I install this app on modularconnected?

6. VRman

VRman Mar 24, 2020

You sideload the app via command line using adb(Android debug bridge) tool. If you're not familiar with the process already I would not recommend you attempt it as it can brick(Soft) your device(TH Watch). You can search sideloading apk to a smartwatch; there are many how to's and tutorials.

7. jucarbon

jucarbon Mar 24, 2020

Ok Thanks

8. BMW Works

BMW Works Mar 27, 2020

Hello. Nice done. Can you write how we can do this? Tx

9. VRman

VRman Mar 27, 2020