Forums Latest Members
  1. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam Jun 15, 2022

I think NFT can be used for good purpose. But it might be messy in implementation since all of this are somewhat wild wild west at the moment.

Lets say if a customer buy an authentic Tag Heuer watch and for verification purpose the authentic one come with NFT as well transferred to buyer's wallet. It would be solid proof for the watch to be real since minting NFT cost would be almost the same as the bad fake watch price.

2 immediate problems though.

1.What will be the price of Tag Heuer watches if they implemented this ? I've been complaining about the price in recent years and it would be even more if they have this system implemented.
    2.What happen if the owner decided to sell the watch and NFT separately ?

Not that I have answer for both questions. I leaving it to the hand of you guys. transferring the monkey on my back :cool::whistling::whipped:

Aquagraph likes this.
  2. Yago

Yago Jun 16, 2022

Not sure I understand. The ownership of the watch is not recorded on the blockchain right? I assumed the watch ownership was a classic operation but that the software allows you to access and display your NFTs. Even if ownership of the watch is minted then you can transfer that separately.

OttoWilliam likes this.
  3. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Jun 16, 2022

Yes you are right but I think Otto suggested using NFT as a way of verifying authenticity of luxury watches, if brands were to implement a system where each sold piece comes with its own NFT as well.

OttoWilliam likes this.
  4. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam Jun 16, 2022

Bro Jim got it :thumbsup:

Jim Dollares likes this.
  5. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam Jun 16, 2022

I think Nike is planning the same thing if i am not mistaken but two of the problem i mentioned before persist. So far no conclusion yet.

6. Remo

Remo Jun 16, 2022

Minting cost of NFTs depend on the blockchain used. Right now minting of an NFT on the Ethereum blockchain costs about $20. But depending on price of ETH and blockchain congestion it can go way up higher, up to 4digit numbers. Minting on the Polygon blockchain or on Cardano cost about nothing.

To sell a watch without transfer of the NFT (proof of authenticity) from your cryptowallet to the wallet of the buyer would be comparable to selling a watch without paperworks.

7. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Jun 16, 2022

upload_2022-6-16_20-1-42.jpeg

Remo likes this.
  8. abrod520

abrod520 Jun 16, 2022

This is an excellent breakdown of NFTs, absolutely worth a watch whether you’re interested in them or not! (Warning, long video)

Remo likes this.
  9. abrod520

abrod520 Jun 16, 2022

In any case, NFTs are ways for digitally savvy crooks to steal money from you.

I do have an IWC NFT though, I saw it on IWC’s site and accessed it. It supposedly offers special access to events (though so far they are only in Geneva) and has a fairly quiet chatroom.

Remo and Jim Dollares like this.
  10. Remo

Remo Jun 17, 2022

I must admit I put more time and money into the cryptospace than into watches recently.
    But with the goal of generating wealth to put it into more watches and such later on ;).
    Strategy didn't quite work out up to now I am afraid.

11. Remo

Remo Jun 17, 2022

Jim Dollares likes this.
  12. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Jun 17, 2022

A wise man once said

"NFTs are ways for digitally savvy crooks to steal money from you"

Anthony.R and Remo like this.
  13. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Jun 17, 2022

I am too busy enjoying life to bother focusing on building wealth :rolleyes:

OttoWilliam and Remo like this.
  14. Remo

Remo Jun 17, 2022

This might be healthier.

15. Pitfitter446

Pitfitter446 Jun 17, 2022

I prefer my money in funds where I can check value easily, get a constant return and, cash it in easily, f***** Russia messing things up at the moment though.

OttoWilliam likes this.
  16. HoltzPlatz

HoltzPlatz Jan 21, 2023

So it's come to this. An "opportunity" to purchase a digital copy of a fun replica of a classic watch. When the real one is quite available.
    NFT, WTF?
    https://fepoinspace.com/

17. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Jan 21, 2023

Bit late aren't they? NFTs are over, surely. The scam has passed...