Forums Latest Members
  1. MrSmith

MrSmith May 3, 2024

Hi
    Are Tag Heuer watches faked, counterfeited?

For example the Monaco, Formula 1?

I understand with other luxury watch brands such as Rolex or Omega that counterfeiting is an issue.

Thank you

2. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares May 3, 2024

3. dtf

dtf May 3, 2024

Unfortunately yes, and in recent cases the fakes are so good it is hard to tell they are fake.

MrSmith likes this.
  4. imagwai

imagwai May 3, 2024

When it comes to fake TAGs, the ones that are most often (convincingly) faked are the three-handers, quartz, and entry level pieces. So Formula Ones and Aquaracers, and to some extent the 3 hand Carreras. Chronographs are less faked because it is harder to get them spot on. There are still Carrera chrono fakes of course, but are a little easier to spot. I've yet to see an ultra-realistic and convincing Monaco fake (you can buy them but they are pretty obviously not genuine). The most convincing TAG fakes seem to be the 3 hand Aquaracers, and also the F1 series. If you go onto the TAG Heuer Facebook groups, they are awash with people selling fake models and they are very often the same specific models that you see a lot.

MrSmith likes this.
  5. MrSmith

MrSmith May 3, 2024

Hi Jim
    No it was a serious question, I am new to Tag Heuer and looking to purchase my first watch so I am just in the research stage at the moment, trying to learn as much as I can before making a purchase.

I do see a lot of watches on ebay for sale that are unknown or near new with a greatly reduced price under retail, so it is tempting but then the concern regarding if they are genuine or not.'

Thank you all for the help and information, I am enjoying reading the forum posts here and learning from you all.

Albert-AMG and Aquagraph like this.
  6. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares May 4, 2024

These are solid ingredients of a recipe for how you end up wearing a counterfit watch

Shane paradis likes this.
  7. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares May 4, 2024

Shane paradis likes this.
  8. MrSmith

MrSmith May 4, 2024

9. akong71

akong71 May 4, 2024

If you're looking at purchasing your first watch, and considering TAG Heuer, buy from an AD. You'll likely get a discount, and you'll be assured the watch is genuine. It's just too risky buying from a second-hand source. The fake TAGs are very good at fooling people - from the physical characteristics of the watch itself to the paperwork and serial numbers. If you research the information @Jim Dollares shared with you, then you will see why. Good luck and I'm glad you came here before purchasing!

10. akong71

akong71 May 4, 2024

Agreed! Although someone posted a quartz Monaco chronograph that looked quite good. They said a friend was offering to sell to them. Some friend! I can't remember which forum I saw that, but it was either this one or WUS.

11. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares May 4, 2024

I recall seeing excellent copies of the Monaco in some video by Paul Thorpe (some random senior citizen whose videos Rob sometimes share) where Paul made a couple of videos from markets where you can buy "the best" fakes.