New TAG Heuer Connected E4 user with questions

I recently got a tag connected watch as a present. I use an iPhone 12 but my watch keeps going blank and I’m not sure why! When I press the crown to reactivate I get the tag logo but nothing. The only way to get the watch to restart is put it on the charge and it goes through the starting process and will re pair with my phone. I would expect the watch time face to stay active as a basic watch even if I am out of range of my phone. Any help appreciated

Hi @panda73 and welcome to the forum! 👍🏼

Which TAG Heuer Connected do you own: E4 45mm, E4 42mm, E3, E2 Modular 45, E2 Modular 41, E1?

The E4 42mm one😀
Ok, thread title updated 😉 so other E4 owners could help you.

About the screen, if you don’t like to see a black screen, you should change the screen settings to “Always On Display”. Then the screen will increase in brightness when you activate it, and after a few seconds it will decrease in brightness but will not go black, it will continue to show you the time

Thank you for your help, and thanks for updating the thread name for assisting other users in the future. I have looked at the preferences as suggested. One of the problems I have though is if my phone is in the house and I go into the garden the watch and phone disconnect but do not auto connect when I come back in the house. trying to get them paired again is a pain as I found the only way is to put my phone on the charge and it seems to restart the watch and then I can pair them again. If I try and reconnect while watch on my wrist by pressing the crown I just get the tag logo then a blank screen and the watch won’t do anything. Maybe it’s me😂 good old new user incompetence 🤣.

Just to check: do you have both Google's WearOS and the TAG Heuer Connected apps?

Just to check: do you have both Google's WearOS and the TAG Heuer Connected apps?
Hi thank you for commenting😀 yes I followed the getting started info and downloaded the tag app and the wear os app. I’m not sure if there is a conflict with these 2 apps or not. Should I have both? The instructions lead me to understand that I did need the both, so I do have them both.

You should have both, yes.

Only thing I can suggest is delete it through the app(s) then use the system menu on the watch to disconnect and reset. Then, re-add it.

Not personally familiar with using the Connected with iOS, unfortunately.