New Post: TAG Heuer Monaco 50th Anniversary Watch 4: 1999-09 Limited Edition

https://monochrome-watches.com/tag-...imited-edition-caw211y-fc6469-hands-on-price/

Some different live shots in the Monochrome article. Gotta love this one! ;)
TAG-Heuer-Monaco-1999-2009-50th-anniversary-Limited-Edition-CAW211Y.FC6469-3.jpg
Monochrome is usually great on their photos. The idea on this one was good, but the execution not so much.

Just saw it in real life and I like this one. Not as wild as the first 3, but well done in my opinion. I don’t know why but it looked small in person.

Just saw it in real life and I like this one. Not as wild as the first 3, but well done in my opinion. I don’t know why but it looked small in person.
Nice! I like the flat black of the dial, this one is growing on me a bit more.

I presume this is in SoCal somewhere. If you don't mind saying, which store is this at?

Monochrome is usually great on their photos. The idea on this one was good, but the execution not so much.
Agreed. But I'm a sucker for anything with Gulf livery. LOL. :rolleyes:

Nice! I like the flat black of the dial, this one is growing on me a bit more.

I presume this is in SoCal somewhere. If you don't mind saying, which store is this at?
Las Vegas. They’re all sold out though. Bummer. This one is really nice.

Yeah, the US allocations were sold-out months ago.

When I was trying to get the 3rd watch, the Las Vegas boutiques said their allocations were sold out on all 5.

I honestly now think that all 5 will turn out to be very nice, each special and unique in its own way. If one wants and can get a Monaco 50th, don't think one can go wrong with any of the 5.

2 > 3 > 4 > 1 > 5

For me: 2>3>1>5>4

This one is nice enough but it doesn’t tickle me for being a highly limited special edition. I have 3 but honestly still love the Red the most... 3 and 1 nearly a tie for me but very different looks. :)

This one is nice enough but it doesn’t tickle me for being a highly limited special edition. I have 3 but honestly still love the Red the most... 3 and 1 nearly a tie for me but very different looks. :)
2>4>5>3>1 for me.

When I was trying to get the 3rd watch, the Las Vegas boutiques said their allocations were sold out on all 5.

I honestly now think that all 5 will turn out to be very nice, each special and unique in its own way. If one wants and can get a Monaco 50th, don't think one can go wrong with any of the 5.
I agree.

And would like to add that I’m on “team pump pusher.” That would’ve really taken all of these to the next level.

The render on 5 doesn't convince me. Maybe it will all change once we see actual pictures.

For more than 15 years, I've traveled to Japan regularly for business. While TH is a very popular brand in Japan, for some reason the Monaco doesn't seem quite as popular there to me.

Perhaps that's why @heuer1860 is able to score some of the rarer Monaco pieces when he visits there too (e.g. Gulf 1st win & '80s Monaco 50). I believe he was the one who said there wasn't a waiting list, maybe he was referring to Japan.

Watch was definitely available on the Japanese website earlier today..

For more than 15 years, I've traveled to Japan regularly for business. While TH is a very popular brand in Japan, for some reason the Monaco doesn't seem quite as popular there to me.

Perhaps that's why @heuer1860 is able to score some of the rarer Monaco pieces when he visits there too (e.g. Gulf 1st win & '80s Monaco 50). I believe he was the one who said there wasn't a waiting list, maybe he was referring to Japan.

Well went to sleep last night just as #4 was being released or not... depending on what internet site / link or social media medium you were following.
Being at the bottom of the world meant that while I was sleeping you guys have been chatting away amongst yourselves about the latest release.
A lot of comment on #4 and My impression is pretty much along the same lines, not horrible but frankly not that exciting either.
As has been suggested, for me this is looking like a Bamford version. I'm not going to bag it, but just to say from the images so far, it's not one I would go out of my way to buy.

As Mspeedster has noted above I was lucky in securing the Gulf 50th Monaco last year by being in the right place at the right time, but getting my hands on the Red Monaco 50 required a bit more work in terms of phone calls, emails, getting on my hands and knees (which is quite an accepted practice in Japan ) not to mention a special trip to Tokyo to pay for it and pick it up.
I was contacted last week by my contact in the Tokyo boutique asking if I was around to attend a special event on the 29th of Sept in Tokyo. Unfortunately I’m not going to be there "Dam" but I presume this is in conjunction with the display which is starting today in the Omotesando boutique in Tokyo. My contact in the Ginza store was the one that told me that the number #4 Monaco allocation was still up for grabs and hadn’t been secured by anybody. Maybe Mspeedster is correct in saying that the Monaco May not be the most popular model in Japan.
If that is correct, it might have something to do with little wrists and big square watches. The Japanese traditionally are a conservative bunch.
It does seem strange with the fanfare that went with the release of the first three that number four would have such a subdued launch event in Tokyo, sometimes I just can’t understand Tag Heuer’s marketing strategy and as for the Countdown....well I think enough has been said about that.
Bring on the #5, All going according to plan, I will have one on my wrist by the end of October and hopefully this time I don't have to get on my knees.

D:

So where do you all rank this Monaco in the line of Monaco's in time?

For me, the watch is as expected from the leaked pics. But the official photos are certainly better looking. I think it looks quite nice, but would prefer all red or all orange accents (not a deal breaker). I feel the design is rather conventional compared to the first 3, though the white thick ring gives it a bold Bamford kind of look. My ranking is as follows:

3, 2, 1, 4

3, 2, 1 & 4 equal last.

Seeing the 1st model in the line up of all 4 in @Calibre11's article made me realise that I don't really like it that much, despite my initial thoughts and impressions. It is perhaps that 2 and 3 are so good rather than 1 being bad.

The render on 5 doesn't convince me. Maybe it will all change once we see actual pictures.
I'll wait for the actual reveal before deciding on how I'll rank 5. I have a feeling 5's render isn't doing the watch justice and we could be in for another pleasant surprise.

So where do you all rank this Monaco in the line of Monaco's in time?

For me, the watch is as expected from the leaked pics. But the official photos are certainly better looking. I think it looks quite nice, but would prefer all red or all orange accents (not a deal breaker). I feel the design is rather conventional compared to the first 3, though the white thick ring gives it a bold Bamford kind of look. My ranking is as follows:

3, 2, 1, 4

So far with only seeing them online with the exception of my Red one, I would rate them 2,3,1,4
I have a feeling though that 1 & 3 could look quite spectacular in the Metal so I may change my opinion one day if I ever get to see them in the Metal. Which brings me to....Remember the previously mooted Monaco 50th Anniversary BBQ & Beer gathering idea at my house.
After # 5 comes out I will send out the invites. note: Airfares are not included with dinner.

So far with only seeing them online with the exception of my Red one, I would rate them 2,3,1,4
I have a feeling though that 1 & 3 could look quite spectacular in the Metal so I may change my opinion one day if I ever get to see them in the Metal. Which brings me to....Remember the previously mooted Monaco 50th Anniversary BBQ & Beer gathering idea at my house.
After # 5 comes out I will send out the invites. note: Airfares are not included with dinner.
Is parking provided?