Forums Latest Members

New Post: TAG Heuer Monaco 50th Anniversary Watch 3: 1989-99 Limited Edition

1. sharknight

sharknight Jul 13, 2019

Good advice heuer1860 re the book, my local boutique are excellent with very good personnel, I think the book can still be got hold of but maybe it needs to be ordered, not sure on that one. I missed the red one but would very much like one but not willing to pay the price that the 'spinners' are asking !

2. snk11388

snk11388 Jul 13, 2019

I picked it up yesterday. I’m not at all disappointed with what I have on hand.@Mspeedster has come up with excellent up-close pictures. I don’t think I can better him. So, will take a couple of on the wrist pictures under this Florida sunlight. Let us see how the graining appears.

The Monaco book is yet to arrive, but the Boutique guys have promised that I have one reserved.

Cheers.

Mspeedster likes this.
  3. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Jul 13, 2019

Makes sense, the first two would not fit the theme of your collection I am guessing ;)

Congrats on the watch by the way, nr 3 sure is the best one yet!

4. ASW

ASW Jul 13, 2019

This is true my friend, I have a holistically themed collection. I was offered a red one (strangely some time after the launch) but turned it down as being red I’d never wear it and would rather it went to someone who’d love it

Jim Dollares and Mspeedster like this.
  5. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Jul 13, 2019

Thanks for the tip on the book. I've sent an inquiry to my contact at the TH Las Vegas Boutique and included a wrist shot of my watch, so we'll see.

BTW, I'm curious why you like to buy so many watches in Japan? Is the exchange rate favorable for you compared to AUS/NZ? Or do you just have good luck with the TH Ginza Boutique in finding LE pieces? Seems like a far way to go get watches.

I actually bought my Monaco Gulf Grey LE in Japan back in 2011, while on business travel. But that was only because that particular model was never made available in the US. The exchange rate wasn't favorable for me at the time and I ended paying a little more for the watch. That was the watch I really really wanted at the time, so it was totally worth it for me.

6. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Jul 13, 2019

Yeah that's the thing with the red one for me too. I love the color and dial on its own, but I know it doesn't match my personal style and didn't feel its a watch I could wear daily.

7. Tavknack

Tavknack Jul 13, 2019

I took this one yesterday one the wrist:

There is no style to the photo but it may provide a different light perspective.

Going to do a group shot later today with some other Monaco’s laying around the place too. :)

OttoWilliam, Remo, Aquagraph and 2 others like this.
  8. heuerholic

heuerholic Jul 13, 2019

Well actually, The exchange rate in Japan at the moment to New Zealand dollars is terrible, and if you added my flight and hotel I paid way way too much, but a mans only got one choice.
    The story will live with me forever where is the money would’ve been spent on something else which would have soon been forgotten.

And as for why I buy so many of my watches in Japan,
    I lived in Japan for two years, speak Japanese, work for a Japanese company, married to a Japanese woman, have a Japanese daughter ( well half a one anyway)
    And love sushi , sake and Sumo anything I forgot.....

Oh you of all people Mspeedster will appreciate a little add on purchase from my last trip. You may have seen them before but in case you haven’t.

F02B601B-8162-4F92-BA69-A3E0885EF525.jpeg
  9. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Jul 13, 2019

Great back story about your connection with Japan, thanks for sharing. And those shoes alone would have made a trip worthwhile for me! LOL. :thumbsup:

10. Tavknack

Tavknack Jul 14, 2019

We got some good photos of the grey and red together at a friends place today. Not bad! Trying to get good sunlight on the two together to show the details in the faces. Also put them with the other Monaco LE's we have - kind of works with the grey gulf and the white/blue/red gulf against the other two. The numbered Ali is just there because it was in the case we took over - i prefer the blue face to the black face on those though :)

Jim Dollares, VirgileF, Remo and 5 others like this.
  11. Hubert

Hubert TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Jul 14, 2019

^ Well done! Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

12. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Jul 14, 2019

Very nice collection! I see you're partial to the Gulfs, as am I.

So did you decide to keep the red one for yourself or is it still going to your dad?

13. Tamora4300

Tamora4300 Jul 14, 2019

Well I got an email today to say my local TH boutique have a #3 in and it's reserved for me.
    Going to view it tomorrow but they've just said there is no interest free credit on these 50th examples so not really sure I can afford it tbh having bought my 3rd Monaco earlier this year.

Mspeedster likes this.
  14. heuerholic

heuerholic Jul 14, 2019

If by any chance it falls through and your in my part of the World (downunder) let me know. If your in the states...let Hubert know :)))
    But good luck I hope you can secure it yourself. ::psy::

Tamora4300 and Hubert like this.
  15. Hubert

YES PLEASE! @Tamora4300

heuerholic likes this.
  16. Tavknack

Tavknack Jul 14, 2019

If either of you gents have a 70s you’d like to trade for a 90s let me know as I live in Aus but travel to the US regularly for work. I love the 90s one I have but I the 70s one is just the little bit more for me though I never got a chance to get an allocation for one. My dad is keeping his 80s and that it my favourite so far.. I can’t wrestle that off him though!

17. El Matarife

El Matarife Jul 14, 2019

I think the denial of credit has been to try and make sure they go to serious buyers and not to Ebay flippers.

Tamora4300 likes this.
  18. Tavknack

Tavknack Jul 14, 2019

That makes sense - it was an all up purchase (or full deposit pre-order) for Aus boutiques.

19. Hubert

I only have the 80s.

20. heuerholic

heuerholic Jul 14, 2019

Me too.