New post: TAG Heuer Monaco 50th Anniversary Watch 2: 1979-89 Limited Edition

Has anyone here taken delivery of a Red Devil? My boutique told me they aren’t being delivered for three weeks yet.... I’m suspicious of that answer.

Hey guys! I am new to this group, just found you now!

Lovely watch, I was hoping this would be my first Tag! Love red, and this is gorgeous! None in Australia, obviously. Looking hard on the net for something to come up! LOL! Not sure I can afford the $14k that they are going for on Chrono24. LOL!

Thanks for having me, I'm looking forward to learning a lot more about Tag Monaco's! Add to my small collection!

I find 'Red Devil' a singularly unimaginative name... and I hope it doesn't catch on. Sorry.

Red Devils has been the name of the Belgian national football team since 1906. I like their game a lot better than the watch though. Don't want to be a party pooper, congratulations to all who loved and bought one. But for me 2019 is a very very disappointing Tag Heuer year so far. Apart from the great older pieces I managed to pick up 😀

And also... cough, Manchester United, cough.
Uhm yeah but we beat them to it by about 60 years

Uhm yeah but we beat them to it by about 60 years

You mean like Blancpain beat Rolex to making the dive watch?😉

Regardless, let's not start giving TAG ideas eh, no one wants to see a Manchester United Monaco, do they?

You mean like Blancpain beat Rolex to making the dive watch?😉

As the proper Red Devils are no 1 in the FIFA world ranking, not quite 😉

But do they have their own TV channel?😝

NB: I'm just being argumentative now, I have no interest in football.😜

The British Army's parachute display team is called the Red Devils. And they are tough lads!

Yes I saw that, problem is Lauda is synonymous with the 70s and Senna with the 80s, so that doesn't really work.
I don't get it. Why is Senna green? Because he had a green stripe on his bright yellow helmet? Tenuous link...

I don't get it. Why is Senna green? Because he had a green stripe on his bright yellow helmet? Tenuous link...

Yeah, that too...😵‍💫

Maybe because the Brazilian flag is green???? The only reason I can think of.

I find 'Red Devil' a singularly unimaginative name... and I hope it doesn't catch on. Sorry.
Makes me think of the red vacuum.

Maybe because the Brazilian flag is green???? The only reason I can think of.

But it's more like a gherkin, so lets go with the gherkin and the tomato.

Whoever calls that Ferrari red needs stronger glasses. The gherkin has also been compared to the Painless Wonder. Maybe in dimmed light and after half a bottle of scotch.