New post: TAG Heuer Monaco 50th Anniversary Watch 2: 1979-89 Limited Edition

Picked mine up last week..,here are a few shots as promised with the 1970s Silverstone strap

Love it on the Silverstone band David, reminds me of the old Burgundy Silverstone.
I am so glad I managed to get my hands on the RED. It's very satisfying to wear and a real change from all my other Monaco's.

^ Nice pics! Love this one: 806356-e482e2fa404f241bb23a07d3ed8d26a6.jpg

Thanks Hubert, at times this watch is very photogenic indeed.

Had the camera out today and taken a few shots of my Red Monaco.
Looks good lined up with the Steve McQueen.
Tried the bracelet on also and think it looks stunning.
First 2 photos are in natural light.
Next 3 I have taken the liberty of adding some filters.

Nice! These two are my favorite shots. What kind of filter did you use? It really makes the red pop!

806355-f664778f6736e64656110fd97f5a43df.jpg 806356-e482e2fa404f241bb23a07d3ed8d26a6.jpg

It does, and I don't even like the bracelet!
Agree it looks good. I haven't worn my Monaco on a bracelet for a long time, but you've inspired me to dig it out.

Agree it looks good. I haven't worn my Monaco on a bracelet for a long time, but you've inspired me to dig it out.
I'm interested why you don't wear your bracelet much David. Is it the bling factor?
I remember the first time I ever saw it in a dealer I had the reaction of "wow.. Thats full on"
That was about 10 years ago now and I am a bit older and I suppose my tastes , or lack of it as some may say, means that I don't mind it. In fact I think it brings most Monaco's to life.
I would be interested in seeing any new Bracelet which has been rumoured on the forum.
On the 40th Birthday we had a group of 4 or 5 new straps so maybe for the 50th we will see a new bracelet, here's hoping.

I'm interested why you don't wear your bracelet much David. Is it the bling factor?
I remember the first time I ever saw it in a dealer I had the reaction of "wow.. Thats full on"
That was about 10 years ago now and I am a bit older and I suppose my tastes , or lack of it as some may say, means that I don't mind it. In fact I think it brings most Monaco's to life.
I would be interested in seeing any new Bracelet which has been rumoured on the forum.
On the 40th Birthday we had a group of 4 or 5 new straps so maybe for the 50th we will see a new bracelet, here's hoping.
Yes, it was a bit bling. I think I then stored it away somewhere and now need to dig out a couple of spare links and then have those fitted before I could wear it again. It's probably less bling than the Autavia 3-row grain of rice bracelet (or at least about the same), so I'll find it over the weekend and give it another try!

Yes, it was a bit bling. I think I then stored it away somewhere and now need to dig out a couple of spare links and then have those fitted before I could wear it again.

Not sure 'bling' is a word I would associate with the Monaco bracelet, but there you go, each to their own.

It's probably less bling than the Autavia 3-row grain of rice bracelet (or at least about the same), so I'll find it over the weekend and give it another try!

Good plan.

Speaking of things that make you feel a bit ill, there's also a brown Aquaracer on the horizon...

Speaking of things that make you feel a bit ill, there's also a brown Aquaracer on the horizon...

Try Googling WAY201M. Grey dial, brown leather strap...

The beautiful red dial of the second Monaco 50th Anniversary watch by @inlovewithwatches

The beautiful red dial of the second Monaco 50th Anniversary watch by @inlovewithwatches

Gosh that's good.