New post: TAG Heuer Monaco 50th Anniversary Watch 2: 1979-89 Limited Edition

Just in case the watch isn't already too red, I'm going to try fitting this vintage strap that I bought a few years back but never fitted to a Red Silverstone..

IMG_5936.JPG

Just in case the watch isn't already too red, I'm going to try fitting this vintage strap that I bought a few years back but never fitted to a Red Silverstone..

IMG_5936.JPG
Oh do it! Photos though once it’s done please. Someone did a colour inversion on the band and I think it actually looked alright with a white band. Captures the white and red motorsport look.

IMG_5936.JPG

Lovely looking strap, but looks more Burgundy than red. Though my eyes are shot so could be way off. It’ll be good to see what the combo looks like once you collect.

Lovely looking strap, but looks more Burgundy than red. Though my eyes are shot so could be way off. It’ll be good to see what the combo looks like once you collect.
Yes, you're right: It's burgundy. Mind you, the original colour match wasn't really spot-on either.

cc30e828ede8671d31e62f8ff18efd01.jpg

Yes, you're right: It's burgundy. Mind you, the original colour match wasn't really spot-on either.

cc30e828ede8671d31e62f8ff18efd01.jpg

Close though I think, the Monaco certainly seems brighter. But it will be hard to tell until in hand i think. Do you still have the Silverstone?

Close though I think, the Monaco certainly seems brighter. But it will be hard to tell until in hand i think. Do you still have the Silverstone?
No, sold it a few years back...was a beauty..NOS with the sticker still on the back :(

No, sold it a few years back...was a beauty..NOS with the sticker still on the back :(
Wow. Must have been hard to let go.

Actually, it was an easy call- I had this beautiful watch sitting in the safe that I couldn't wear for fear of damaging that sticker. I had three NOS Heuers and sold them all and vowed to never buy another one...don't get me wrong, they are incredible to look at and really special...but if you don't wear them, then what's the point?

I sold them to TAG Heuer, so it will be somewhere in the archives/ Museum

Heuer Silverstone 5.jpg

Actually, it was an easy call- I had this beautiful watch sitting in the safe that I couldn't wear for fear of damaging that sticker. I had three NOS Heuers and sold them all and vowed to never buy another one...don't get me wrong, they are incredible to look at and really special...but if you don't wear them, then what's the point?

Heuer Silverstone 5.jpg
That's the way to go. That way they can be preserved pristine and enjoyed by all who go there. Good call! :thumbsup:

IMG_5936.JPG

That's going to be full on.

Heuer Silverstone 5.jpg

IMG_3965.JPG

So this could be your watch!

Does anyone know of a link that I can follow to see some real world video footage showing the Red Monaco.
Not any promotional stuff.

Here are two shots kindly taken at a TAG Heuer Boutique

4C1C70FE-05A6-47F4-9D9E-B885E1785639.jpeg 30B83DB0-641A-4003-BE6A-04B1AD6A48E7.jpeg

Thanks DC- I have ordered mine and hopefully will have it later this week.
I’m still a bit jittery about the red but as my 14 year old daughter told me - risk it for the biscuit dad.
Maybe the best advice I’ve had.

Thanks DC- I have ordered mine and hopefully will have it later this week.
I’m still a bit jittery about the red but as my 14 year old daughter told me - risk it for the biscuit dad.
Maybe the best advice I’ve had.
If you find you don't like it you'll have no trouble selling it on. In fact your boutique will probably have a waiting list of buyers and will refund you your deposit to sell it to one of them instead. I'm jittery as I pre-ordered three weeks ago but still have no word on whether I made the cut for my boutique's allocation...

If you find you don't like it you'll have no trouble selling it on. In fact your boutique will probably have a waiting list of buyers and will refund you your deposit to sell it to one of them instead. I'm jittery as I pre-ordered three weeks ago but still have no word on whether I made the cut for my boutique's allocation...
Which three did you preorder?

One pre-order made three weeks ago. Not three pre-orders ;-)
If it was three pre-orders though it would have been absolutely boss... accepting that 70s was long gone I’d have taken 80s 90s and 10s.... thoughts?

One pre-order made three weeks ago. Not three pre-orders ;-)
LOL, note to self: don't post until fully awake. I think I projected myself wanting to order more than one.