New post: TAG Heuer Monaco 50th Anniversary Watch 2: 1979-89 Limited Edition

Update: Calibre11 post is now live!
https://www.calibre11.com/first-look-tag-heuer-monaco-50th-anniversary-watch-2-1979-1989-caw211w/
CAW211W.FC6467-SPECIAL-ED.-THROUGH-TIME-80S-LIFESTYLE-2019-HD-copy.jpg

I wondered if there might be a red one, there were red s/els in the 90s, but there aren't many red watches full stop really. Lots of red on black watches, but how many red dials can you actually think of?

Is this a legit previously red model?

[image removed]

Only 5 days until we see the second Monaco LE, and I can't wait to see the reaction to this one. While there are others coming that are more "easy to love", I reckon this one could be the one that in 10 years time we look back at as the most special.

If you've seen the low-res images on the web (and please don't post them here), then you're in for a surprise, because the real thing is quite different.

I'll post the link here when the watch is launched...

I do not agree, I've seen it and I keep saying that the most beautiful and special is the first, 69-79.

I do not agree, I've seen it and I keep saying that the most beautiful and special is the first, 69-79.
That's why I'm looking forward to the reaction- think some will love it and some won't.

Looking forward to seeing the proper images of this one.

That's why I'm looking forward to the reaction- think some will love it and some won't.
I'm Team "I love it." Looking forward to the official pictures / video.

Well, I think I love it... I hope the real thing isn't going to ruin it!😀

I love it. It’s a bold dial colour choice that (I think....) hasn’t been done in the Monaco before. Looks like one of the old silverstones .... it should certainly stand out on the wrist that’s for sure. Also I like the fact that it’s bold enough to polarise - everyone has their opinion so if some hate it I’m sure some of us will love it!

Can't wait for high res pics and videos of this one too.

I think it will look very striking. But a part of me also thinks it might look like a big ruby on one's wrist.

I'd really have preferred if all the models had been revealed on the same date giving the Chance to digest and pick a favourite.

As it is, I've kind of disengaged from the process even though I actually liked the first release and will probably like the others. (The grey one reminds me of an old Nintendo game boy).

I saw once a photo with better resolution and that red did not seem very "ferrari", it can be a different clock because of the color, but very unlikely to wear it on the wrist. I have signed up for the gray that will be between August and September.

....., If you've seen the low-res images on the web (and please don't post them here), then you're in for a surprise, because the real thing is quite different.

Must confess I’m struggling to see what’s different. There are some, granted but They are subtle. Lighting aside.

Or maybe TH CH are using the wrong photo ::facepalm1::

I like the new red model more than I thought I would from the leaked image.
Edited:

I like the new red model omre than I thought I would from the leaked image.

Snap. I would buy one given the chance. The dial i think is a difficult one to do justice in a photo.