New Post: TAG Heuer Monaco 18k Gold Chronometer (Ref. CW5140)

Might not be popular but I’d probably agree with a Gold Monaco. For me, out of all TH’s current model line-up, gold will probably suit the Monaco best (especially if you already have a SMQ Monaco) 😎

Carreras, Autavias, Aquaracers and Formula 1 models have a sporty and rugged design IMHO. (Though I’d loved to have the gold 2nd Gen Carrera for Heuer F1 racing pilots which has a great racing pedigree 😉)

The Lady Link series also has gold in the line up which I think is fabulous for the wifey 👍
Edited:

I love gold 😝

Imagine the current three hander Link cal 5 in solid gold with a solid gold bracelet 😎

Carreras, Autavias, Aquaracers and Formula 1 models have a sporty and rugged design IMHO. (Though I love the 2nd Gen Carrera for Heuer F1 racing pilots which has a great racing pedigree 😉)

I think this works really well:

carrera-1887-gold-17.jpg

I do love those 1887 Gold Carreras.

i'm enjoying the Monaco and Monza in Gold- it won't change my preference for stainless steel, but it's a nice change. I'm not sure that I could get away with a gold watch on a gold bracelet, but maybe I'm already on the slipperly slope and just don't know it yet!

Photograph 6 shows a gold deployant clasp with a brown strap. Which watch is the deployant clasp from?

Excellent question- TAG Heuer can't tell me if this part was ever made of only made it as a catalogue shot. The pin buckle alone sells for almost $1k, so if there was a Gold deployant, my guess is that it would cost US$3-5k 😲

Does anyone else own a gold case Monaco? I wasn’t aware that they had been made in gold, but I’m only a few months into owning one 📖

Does anyone else own a gold case Monaco? I wasn’t aware that they had been made in gold, but I’m only a few months into owning one 📖

Should have said owing a Monaco , mine is not gold 😀

I think its quite a good piece made with a sunstantial amount of gold. Although an old movement, I think Cal 17 is a good one and quite robust - have a couple of cal 17 which are still working perfectly. Abel has a CW5140 full set for sale on heuertime.com. I even found a frankenstein gold Monaco with a brown dial on C24 and eBay (same watch).