Forums Latest Members
  1. Calibre11

Calibre11 Editor of Calibre11.com Staff Member Jan 24, 2022

Some sad news that I've decided to close Calibre 11, a very tough decision not taken lightly after 12 years. You can see the post explaining why here:

https://www.calibre11.com/51188-2/

We are still working through a few options on the forum, which will involve Ash and Trev...I hope there will be a good solution. While the forum has been going about half as long at the website, it's been the most enjoyable part of the whole experience thanks to you guys...

GOODBYE LARGE.jpeg

2. Yago

Yago Jan 24, 2022

Damn David, didn’t see this one coming.
    I think a lot of us here knew something was up though.
    Can’t get my head around this yet.

3. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Jan 24, 2022

This is very sad news, the end of an era.

All the best to you DC, thank you for your enormous contributions to the TAG Heuer community!

Edited Jan 24, 2022
  4. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam Jan 24, 2022

What ?! This feels like a thunderstorm in the middle of the day !

So when is the end of the road will happen ?

5. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam Jan 24, 2022

David, I would like to express my deepest thanks. Regardless what will happen in the future. Never forget we were once part of great community and hopefully continue to be so. This is one of forum which i opened everyday and it has become a big part of me over the years.

Please keep in touch no matter what, as i am sure we path will still be crossing in the future.

6. VirgileF

VirgileF Jan 24, 2022

To begin with, I would like to thank you David for this site, this forum and all your articles which have helped my passion for Tag Heuer (since 2002, I have bought 59 Tag Heuer models).

Finally, I am sorry to hear that but I am not surprised.
    The new managers seem to want absolute control over what is said about the brand without opening their eyes to some facts. It is the same in France where since June 2020, the (official) Tag Heuer sub forum is closed on the French forum https://forumamontres.forumactif.com/forum

In France, the new management does anything and I have the echo of this from people I know who work and worked there.

Thanks again David for all you have done, the time you have spent in your life dedicated to Tag Heuer/Heuer.

On a personal note, I have also seen the 2022 roadmap. I don't agree, Tag Heuer doesn't learn from the market, doesn't learn from service complaints and doesn't learn from the competition.

After 20 years of Tag Heuer and 59 new models bought, my latest issues have really turned me away from the brand.

Virgile

7. dsio

dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 24, 2022

It’s been an awesome thing to be a part of this community, I’ll always think of Calibre11 and DC whenever I see a TAG Heuer watch. I’m not really sure where I’ll end up going when I hear or a new TAG Heuer watch release and want to read the full breakdown and details anymore.

Thanks for everything mate, you built something really special over the last decade.

HoltzPlatz, Albert-AMG and Remo like this.
  8. Albert-AMG

Albert-AMG TAG Heuer Forums Moderator Staff Member Jan 24, 2022

:(
    Yes, very sad news David @Calibre11

Thank you for all your great work :thumbsup: in that website, and I really hope that all the content can survive as an archive somewhere (maybe on @Aquagraph ’s site?), and I hope the forum can also survive :rolleyes:

I’m missing JC Biver again…

All the best to you David, and thanks again :thumbsup:

Akineton likes this.
  9. Yago

Yago Jan 24, 2022

It certainly appears TAG Heuer is giving up on the watch community doesn’t it.
    Every invesment is made to drive sales. It’s now an influencer game, not an enthusiast game anymore.
    Rather splash money at Monaco events, basically paying influencers, yes men, to like and feature their watches than nurture the heritage.

Anthony.R and VirgileF like this.
  10. YY77

YY77 Jan 24, 2022

Very sad to hear, the only place I got comprehensive detail and history, for me in particular the definitive guides.

Thx for all you work.

11. Johan63

Johan63 Jan 24, 2022

This is very bad news for every (TAG) Heuer enthusiast. Thank you for the very valuable, informative and above all passionate work you have done over the years. With the arrival of new managers at Tag Heuer, who mainly want to be young, fresh and dynamic, and who think they can reach a 'wider audience' using 'new marketing tools' to maximise profits, changes were to be expected. However, I never dared dream that this would be the end of calibre 11. I dare say it even more strongly here: this is a slap in the face for every (Tag) Heuer enthusiast. Frédéric Arnault and co 'thank you'.

Edited Jan 24, 2022
    Akineton, Albert-AMG and Remo like this.
  12. SmithSJ

SmithSJ Jan 24, 2022

Very sorry to hear the news Dave. Thanks hugely for informing me so well on Heuer over the last few years. You’ve built a really valuable site and community. Well done.

13. imagwai

imagwai Jan 24, 2022

Firstly, thank you David for everything you have done over the years, from writing amazing articles, to keeping the forums going, helping people and even bringing a Calibre 11 Siffert to us.

I love my Carreras, and have affection for Tag Heuer, even in it's modern incarnation through it's contribution to motorsports. However, I don't see much, if anything, in the current collection for me, either as a watch enthusiast, or as a smaller-wristed gentleman.

Why am I still here? Simple reason, the people. Oh, and maybe the hope of a glassbox panda one day. Hopefully the forum can keep going somehow. We will miss you though DC.

14. OttoWilliam

OttoWilliam Jan 24, 2022

:( the sadness vibe hit me hard. Both with this news and the fact that many uncles from Bali bought home fake aquaracer. Bali being one of my favorite place on earth. ::facepalm2::

I agree with Imagwai all the way. It's the people in this forum that count. I hope we don't stop growing together as a community.

PhillipDB, Albert-AMG, Remo and 3 others like this.
  15. heuerholic

heuerholic Jan 24, 2022

Shit David … I don’t know what to say really. I’m in shock.
    I took a double take to make sure it wasn’t April 1st!

I haven’t been as active here over the past year due to this bloody pandemic but this is a shock to all of us as this
    has been our “hang out”
    Our place to visit when the wife just won’t stop nagging.
    Or we just want to perv at some of @Mspeedsters Heuer girls
    Or just to admire each other’s watches and passion.

I liked also that it was started by a truly nice guy from Downunder who just followed his passion for something that aligned with many other Heuer fans who had been hidden away until Calibre 11 came along.

Would love to see your Instagram page survive as it just seems such a sad ending to see it all disappear.
    There is a lot of history rapped up there and to be able to go back and look at your posts from over the years would be a privilege.

Anyway, whatever happens now, I’d like to say “thanks mate” and good luck with what comes next.
    What this does do is make my C11 Siffert Autavia all that more special to me.

Darryn
    heuerholic

16. connected1976

connected1976 Jan 24, 2022

What bad news ....:(

Meeting all the members of this community has been a pleasure for me during all this time, my passion for Tag watches has increased over the years thanks to all of you I am glad to have been part of this great community.

Thanks for everything !!!!

Albert-AMG and kappa_md like this.
  17. SteveP

SteveP Jan 24, 2022

Yes, this was certainly a side-swipe I didn't see coming either! A bit lost for words currently but with so many thoughts.
    So for now merely HUGE thanks for everything DC. I know we all appreciate the facility and effort that has gone on behind the scenes, with the site, info that has been passed on and insight also.
    Very best for moving forward,
    Steve

HoltzPlatz, PhillipDB and Albert-AMG like this.
  18. Pitfitter446

Pitfitter446 Jan 24, 2022

Wow, this morning has felt like I opened the front door and someone had bricked it up, first, many many thanks for all you have done for this community, it has been a blast.
    Whilst TH seemed to have a change of direction I -or anyone I suppose- didn’t foresee this down the road, I thought we would just carry on as before, maybe just moan more.
    I may find more to say in the coming days but at the moment just stunned.
    Again thanks for all you have done for us, off to find a corner and mutter to myself.

HoltzPlatz and Albert-AMG like this.
  19. dtf

dtf Jan 24, 2022

Very sad to hear this @Calibre11, your writing is always great to read and your history articles are a great reference for those interested in older models. Such a waste to delete the old content. Maybe you should contribute it to the TAG enthusiast blog?

20. kappa_md

kappa_md Jan 24, 2022

I'm totally speechless. Calibre11 is a HOME for me and a lot of guys here. I've found amazing friends all across the world sharing our passion and love for TAG Heuer.. I know it is a difficult decision sir David and we are forever grateful for what you have done for the community. I'm also just worried that a lot of helpful TAG Heuer content will also be gone for future references.. and especially also, I would truly miss everyone here.. :(