New Post- Link Calibre 17 Review

Regulars here know that I'm a huge fan of the new Link- here's a detailed review of the new Link Calibre 17:

https://www.calibre11.com/in-depth-review-tag-heuer-link-calibre-17-chronograph/

TAG-Heuer-Link-Calibre-17-Chronograph-24.jpg

Great article as always. There is something about this watch that I really like, think I prefer the non chrono version though.

Would like to remove the text in the 6 o clock sub dial and the display caseback.

Great article as always. There is something about this watch that I really like, think I prefer the non chrono version though.

Would like to remove the text in the 6 o clock sub dial and the display caseback.
I tried the non-chrono some weeks ago and really liked it. Some kind of strange PP Aquanaut vibes coming from it. This chronograph is cool, but what really puts me off is, as you said, the entire War and Peace being written in the dial...

Some kind of strange PP Aquanaut vibes coming from it.

It began with Genta's design for Patek's answer to the Royal Oak:

patek-philippe-a-stainless-steel-automatic-wristwatch-with-date-and-braceletsigned-patek-philippe-gen-ve-nautilus.jpg

Which then Patek wanted to cheapen a little to better sell to the masses:

5167A_001.jpg

Recently, Piaget decided to shamelessly rip it off since they have no true design capability:

Piaget-Polo-S-Chronograph-aBlogtoWatch-15.jpg

And now TAG have decided to in turn rip them off for a change

TAG-Heuer-Link-Calibre-17-Chronograph-24.jpg

The Link did appear before the Polo S..but agree that they're taking their cues from the Nautilus.

TAG Heuer started going down this path with the 2011 redesign- see below how there is a square-ish bezel sitting under the circular insert?
CAT7010.BA0952_seduction_LINK_2011HD-960x832.jpg

TAG Heuer started going down this path with the 2011 redesign- see below how there is a square-ish bezel sitting under the circular insert?

Ah yes, good point. Generally I try not to look too closely or too long at any of the S/el / Link models and so never noticed it!