Forums Latest Members

Strap for Link Calibre 5 Automatic???

1. garyNJ

garyNJ Feb 25, 2023

Hello,
    I just recently started looking into buying a Tag Heuer watch. I came across the Link Calibre 5 (WBC2110.BA0603) and fell in love with the case shape and style. The only thing I do not like is the 90s era link style bracelet. Has anyone found a replacement bracelet or leather strap that will fit the watches unique lug style/ size?
    Im new to the Tag brand so I didn’t know if there were any aftermarket options.
    Thanks in advance.
    Gary

4F8DAE79-7C25-4745-A716-9F7461A81C8F.png
  2. Jim Dollares

Jim Dollares Feb 25, 2023

Hey Gary, great looking TAG Heuer you have fallen for. I have never seen this one on a strap IIRC and unfortunately it would surprise me if anyone has invested the effort into making a third party option since this model hasn't been very popular since it was released.

It is a bit ironic that you want to get a Link, named after and known for its legendary bracelet, but you don't want the bracelet :D

jamesbizs, Aquagraph and garyNJ like this.
  3. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Feb 25, 2023

Hi Gary
    Nice to see someone showing the Link some love. As Jim said, really this watch is all about the bracelet, there's no strap option and I too doubt anyone has made an aftermarket one since this watch has pretty much been a dismal failure in the marketplace. The upside of that is you should be able to get a good deal and maybe you can learn to love the bracelet eventually?

4. Mspeedster

Mspeedster Feb 25, 2023

As others have stated, there isn't an easy strap option for the Cal 5 Link. However, if you're willing to get creative (and experiment), there might be strap alternatives that could work.

There are leather straps made for the older S/el model. The leather portion of the strap (minus the S/el links) and the screw in strap-bar "might" fit on your watch. The OEM part number is FC6142, but I've seen cheaper aftermarket ones too. However even if these can fit, if you have large wrists, it may not work. Because you'll be losing the length of the metal S links part of the strap's length.
    Sel strap.jpg

Perhaps a better option could be using a leather strap from some of the older Link Chrono models like these below. But it would still require a screw in strap-bar like the S/el's strap above, since the Link Cal 5 doesn't have traditional side lugs to hold a springbar in place.
    Link chrono strap.jpg Link chrono strap2.jpg Link chrono strap3.jpg

But the problem with all of these is without knowing the width of the middle links, it's really hard to know how well these might fit.

garyNJ likes this.
  5. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Feb 26, 2023

From memory I suspect the middle link is much bigger on the newer model, but I could be wrong.

6. JAH

JAH Feb 26, 2023

I would just say that the whole essence of this watch IS the bracelet, if you do not like the bracelet, this watch is probably not for you. just my opinion.

jamesbizs, garyNJ and Jim Dollares like this.
  7. Aquagraph

Aquagraph Feb 26, 2023

It is a bit like asking for a round Monaco, i agree...

8. garyNJ

garyNJ Feb 26, 2023

Thank you for the insight everyone.